Adjust Air conditioning temp when remote starting with FordPass

Joec6512

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew
so I noticed if I start my truck thru the ford pass app the AC will be on when I get in there. is there any way to change whether or not it turns on or not and is there a way to adjust the temp that it turns on to? I don't see any way to configure this in the app
Sponsored

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
No, maybe one day with an update. Hopefully...

OP
OP
Joec6512

Joec6512

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew
No, maybe one day with an update. Hopefully...
Do you know if it adjusts itself at all? Like will it turn on the AC in summer and Heater in the winter or is it the same no matter what

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that When the truck starts via ford app, it will turn on to the Last auto setting when you turned off your engine previously. You cannot adjust the controls via the app. I’m sure Phil can help with this answer when he is on the forum.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
Do you know if it adjusts itself at all? Like will it turn on the AC in summer and Heater in the winter or is it the same no matter what

If Auto is on, the system sets the interior to 72° and heats or cools the vehicle. Page 114 in the manual.

So you have to make sure it's setup to auto in the menu. Page 87 if you can't find it. Hope this helps

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
I was looking through the Auto Start menus on my ‘20 Lariat, and Auto HVAC can be unchecked, where I am pretty sure that it will then retain whatever settings that were present when the truck was shut off.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If a vehicle has Auto setup for the HVAC then it is possible for the AC to come on when you remote start the vehicle. Here in the Rockies I don't have to worry about AC much since it's so freaking cold as it is so when I do my remote start it's really just on straight Heat. I have had a few times where it turns AC on but then again it's pretty hot outside and even hotter in the truck so it does what it can to cool the cab down for me.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I keep my temp at 76. When it's cool outside, it's a warm 76 inside. When it's hot outside, it's a cool 76 inside. Mine automatically adjusts. :)

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
so I noticed if I start my truck thru the ford pass app the AC will be on when I get in there. is there any way to change whether or not it turns on or not and is there a way to adjust the temp that it turns on to? I don't see any way to configure this in the app
Mine stays at the last setting when I shut the truck. Off temp wise. Fan is a lower setting

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Resurrecting this one as it's the closest I can find to my question. I have an STX with the FX4 and Copilot 360 package so it has the upgraded gauge cluster, but also has the single zone climate control and non touch screen interface. In the gauge cluster settings in the remote start category there is a box to check or uncheck for "auto". Does this actually function with the single zone? I have a dial to turn to change from cold to hot so I'm curious if it will actually warm up the truck in the morning. Living in Florida I need the heat in the morning but the AC in the afternoon. Guess I'll find out in the next few days I was just surprised to see that option today. I've been using the Ford Pass to remote start for a few weeks now but I keep having to adjust the temp when I get in.

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I can now confirm, even the standard single zone AC has the "auto" feature through the Fordpass app. After remote starting the truck warm air blasted from the vents to heat up the cabin. As soon as I put the key in the ignition the air changed to whatever manual settings it was on.

For me, this is pretty big and something never once talked about anywhere I could find. For a "base model" truck it sure has a lot of nice tricks to it.

One caveat that needs further research though: If I didn't have the upgraded gauge cluster because of the FX4 and/or Copilot 360 package, would there still be a menu to turn on the auto climate control?
Sponsored