First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I'm adding a few different lights up front, and all will meet DRL requirements. I'd like to be able to switch off factory DRL and run just amber DRL with a simple 2 wire switch in the cab. Any recommendations where/how to locate the DRL wires in the cab without having to go through the firewall? It's a 20 Lariat FX4. Thanks :)
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I'm adding a few different lights up front, and all will meet DRL requirements. I'd like to be able to switch off factory DRL and run just amber DRL with a simple 2 wire switch in the cab. Any recommendations where/how to locate the DRL wires in the cab without having to go through the firewall? It's a 20 Lariat FX4. Thanks :)
I believe you can go into the dash menus to turn off DRLs. You can also use Forscan to change what lights come on for DRLs. In my XLT I use fogs and parking lights, not low beams.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you can go into the dash menus to turn off DRLs. You can also use Forscan to change what lights come on for DRLs. In my XLT I use fogs and parking lights, not low beams.
I have seen/done that in Forscan and there are several options for what is on/off to choose from if you go that route.

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Thanks, in Canada I think they are mandatory on vehicles now, so there is no option in the menu. Lights timer, and auto high beam only.

I have seen/done that in Forscan and there are several options for what is on/off to choose from if you go that route.
Also thanks, going to look at FORscan now. I've seen in mentioned here a few times.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
With a Lariat you can go into the menu and turn off the Automatic On headlight feature to disable the DRL's.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Where can I find Forescan instructions? The fact that the XLT trim has the headlight with less voltage as the DRL is so year 2000 that I want to scream. I'd love to change the DRL to something else, like the amber turn signal.
Sponsored