Berk84

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Has any one had any luck getting a new A/C Compressor from Ford? Burned up on 6/3, took it to closest dealership and they have been waiting for Ford to tell them when the parts will be available. Not happy about the extended wait, but would be even less happy about no A/C in Houston summer.
Sponsored

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Has any one had any luck getting a new A/C Compressor from Ford? Burned up on 6/3, took it to closest dealership and they have been waiting for Ford to tell them when the parts will be available. Not happy about the extended wait, but would be even less happy about no A/C in Houston summer.
I have to take mine in on Monday it started an intolerable smell from the A/C at first it was just a bad smell and then full blown smell like its burning and I have been reading that its a lithium grease burning.

Deleted member 1634

I'd imagine a lot of parts and accessories will be short for quite a while with the Covid interruptions. I know here at my job, we have plenty of suppliers who are falling, or already have fallen, behind on parts and sub-assemblies. To the point where the production line has slowed and has to even stop sometimes because of missing parts, let alone not having any to send out into the field.

OP
OP

Berk84

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'd imagine a lot of parts and accessories will be short for quite a while with the Covid interruptions. I know here at my job, we have plenty of suppliers who are falling, or already have fallen, behind on parts and sub-assemblies. To the point where the production line has slowed and has to even stop sometimes because of missing parts, let alone not having any to send out into the field.
Understandable, guess I just got caught off guard. Not interested in driving a rental for more than a week, it is what it is.

Victory Trike

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4X, 2013 Victory M/C Trike
I would like to know how long it took to repair your A/C. Mine went out yesterday. Took it to dealer today so I don't even have a diagnosis yet. Thing is, when I went to pickup my rental, I found that their Ranger A/C had also just failed this weekend.
Is there a widespread problem?

OP
OP

Berk84

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to know how long it took to repair your A/C. Mine went out yesterday. Took it to dealer today so I don't even have a diagnosis yet. Thing is, when I went to pickup my rental, I found that their Ranger A/C had also just failed this weekend.
Is there a widespread problem?
The repair itself only took a couple hours. The part took close to 5 weeks to receive. I know there had been a recall for it on some rangers but not my specific one.

Victory Trike

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The repair itself only took a couple hours. The part took close to 5 weeks to receive. I know there had been a recall for it on some rangers but not my specific one.
Thanks. I think mine is the compressor also. But will see.

Victory Trike

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Service writer called. Compressor is dead. Part on backorder. He told me he has a truck there since mid July.
Looks like the rental is on Ford until it's fixed. Think I'll go back and try to get pickup, don't care for
this Fusion.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Service writer called. Compressor is dead. Part on backorder. He told me he has a truck there since mid July.
Looks like the rental is on Ford until it's fixed. Think I'll go back and try to get pickup, don't care for
this Fusion.
Be careful, they probably won't want you to do truck things with it.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer