First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
I manage humans that manage computers.
This has been touched on in some other threads but looking for RW experience with the 87 tune? I'm pretty sure I'll go with livernois, I'm in CA and gas is crazy here and I need to drive a lot. I want gains to compensate for running slightly larger tires but not sure I want to up my investment in inflated fuel prices.
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
When I ran the 87-89 for a short time, I think I got more from the transmission remap than power. Maybe the same as increase as running higher octane on the stock tune (but with 87) if any power is gained.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I am running the 87 Octane Performance tune from Unleashed. Definitely more seat of the pants power than stock but not nearly as much as the FP tune on 93 octane I was running.

I mostly went with Unleashed to get custom tranny tuning or I would have just stayed stock. I am thrilled with the transmission tune and have close to 15k miles on it now.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I wouldn't up the boost on low octane gas myself. That used to be considered a death sentence on turbo motors. If I need 87 I'd just remove the tune.
Sponsored