4X2 Front Tow hooks

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Thanks to Phil, I’ve fired up my forge and produce these so far non identical twins out of 18mm square mild stock. Since they were red from bending, I’ve quenched them in oil after a second heating, yet I do not expect much carbon in them. The tempering was done while welding. My MMA skills are not good, yet I achieved good penetration in a single pass with a 3mm basic electrode. I’ve tried to adjust the hooks by cold hammering with a 5kg mallet, the material would not move. Since I would not go through another annealing cycle, they will remain imperfect.

The hole in the flat metal sheet is from another project.

B15BEC0A-97F9-4DAF-ACA6-DECCE4771D3D.jpeg

9D779A07-9EF2-4FE2-8D28-5F994CB1CA97.jpeg
Sponsored

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Wait what? You got a full size spare? I thought everyone received an undersized wheel with a tire size appropriate to approximate the same diameter as on the wheels.
Front tow hooks were most definitely standard issue on my 2019 Lariat 4X2. It's a shame Ford deleted them.
Ford is FOS on the Ranger, in general. $42k with no tow hooks, haha. $42k Ranger haha.
Only paid 28k for mine, minus the 5k off, came with tow hooks, tow package and locking rear diff. I don't play that luxury fluff game! We should play "What will they eliminate next' game. Winner gets a 2 tie downs and a set of tow hooks! and a can of sound deadener! hahaha

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Ford is FOS on the Ranger, in general. $42k with no tow hooks, haha. $42k Ranger haha.
Only paid 28k for mine, minus the 5k off, came with tow hooks, tow package and locking rear diff. I don't play that luxury fluff game! We should play "What will they eliminate next' game. Winner gets a 2 tie downs and a set of tow hooks! and a can of sound deadener! hahaha
Don't disagree with you on the "luxury fluff game" if you don't see value in it. I did notice you forgot a significant component that's a show stopper for me on a truck and that's a live front axle. I'd trade the fluff for the 4wd if I had to, but you can get both if you want both. My truck was 42kish and I paid 32kish which is roughly 9k more than your truck and I got a 501A Lariat Sport FX4 with 4wd and a tow pkg. It's all in what you need and want I suppose. The LX is a good value for a 2wd or 4wd truck with power options and will more than get the job done.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Don't disagree with you on the "luxury fluff game" if you don't see value in it. I did notice you forgot a significant component that's a show stopper for me on a truck and that's a live front axle. I'd trade the fluff for the 4wd if I had to, but you can get both if you want both. My truck was 42kish and I paid 32kish which is roughly 9k more than your truck and I got a 501A Lariat Sport FX4 with 4wd and a tow pkg. It's all in what you need and want I suppose. The LX is a good value for a 2wd or 4wd truck with power options and will more than get the job done.
Yeah, most people aren't seeing those kind of discounts. I got my 5k off because i bought at the height of the shutdown last year, flew to LA and drove it back. Cars / Trucks are like shoes, buy one that fits. C~.
Sponsored