First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Supercrew
Occupation
Safety Director
So I picked up some front towing hooks but the problem is I have the xl version yep with the no opening valance. What would you all do cut a hole in the valance or go to the dealership and get another one with holes. And if somebody knows the price of the valance with the holes please tell me.
1A8E1EE1-2AF5-4115-9DE7-A547C4036BF4.jpeg
CEDA7282-0633-48FE-B143-7B63734BD6B7.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deerhunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Ops
Interested in the same thing. I have the base model XL(vinyl interior), without factory tow hooks. Never really needed them yet, but I am thinking about ordering a set. I planned on taping up and using a Dremel to notch out a slit to pass the bracket through.
ranger.jpg

r.jpg

RunningCloud24

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Security
Interested in the same thing. I have the base model XL(vinyl interior), without factory tow hooks. Never really needed them yet, but I am thinking about ordering a set. I planned on taping up and using a Dremel to notch out a slit to pass the bracket through.
ranger.jpg

r.jpg
What tires and rims do you have on your truck if I may ask?

RunningCloud24

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Security
Vision 18X9 rims with 275/65/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Sorry, I just went through my pictures, and this is about the best "close up" I have in my phone right now.

whel.png
They look pretty awesome! I've been looking for rims and tires to replace the stock ones on my XLT 4x2.

OP
OP
ManOfH2o

ManOfH2o

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Safety Director
Deerhunder did you ever install your front tow hooks. I would like to see the pictures if you did.

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
I can answer this question. I have an XL too and have installed 1 of 2 from tow hooks using the factory XL valence. You can do it with a Dremel and a hacksaw blade, but it is a pain in the butt. Took 2.5 hrs but I took my time to keep the final product from looking like Fido’s butt. Turned out well and the second tow hook I should be able to do in 1.5 vs 2.5 hrs now that I know what I’m doing lol. I’ll be back to my truck on Wed and see about snagging some pics for this thread. I did not need / use the rubber surround on the factory tow hooks. It won’t work with the XL valance.

OP
OP
ManOfH2o

ManOfH2o

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Safety Director
I can answer this question. I have an XL too and have installed 1 of 2 from tow hooks using the factory XL valence. You can do it with a Dremel and a hacksaw blade, but it is a pain in the butt. Took 2.5 hrs but I took my time to keep the final product from looking like Fido’s butt. Turned out well and the second tow hook I should be able to do in 1.5 vs 2.5 hrs now that I know what I’m doing lol. I’ll be back to my truck on Wed and see about snagging some pics for this thread. I did not need / use the rubber surround on the factory tow hooks. It won’t work with the XL valance.
Thanks ? for the help I will wait until I see your pictures I want to see what other people have done.

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
The hard part is removing the lower valence, there are instructions elsewhere in this site. please use plastic or nylon tools to remove the valence. metal tools will damage the paint. I also used painters tape to layout and mark where I intended to cut. I used a Dremel to make the cuts and clean it up. This was a case where sometimes a little more is better then not enough.
The clips holding the valence on are very fragile, expect to break a couple.

OP
OP
ManOfH2o

ManOfH2o

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Safety Director
I do have the rubber grommets that go around the tow hooks so I was basically going to cut out where the hole should go

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I do have the rubber grommets that go around the tow hooks so I was basically going to cut out where the hole should go
Yes, I did not have the rubber so I kept the hole small. you can use the rubber as a template to mark where to cut. I would also look at one that has the hooks to see how big that space actually is.
Once the work is complete. Post a updated photo please. I might have to get the rubber boots and update mine.

OP
OP
ManOfH2o

ManOfH2o

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Safety Director
Well I went a different route i bought a lower valance off the Forum from Nurse Neil a Big Thanks to him. I did have to trim some of the lower air damn though. Since I don't have the parking sensors I do have some hole plugs coming to cover the holes.
My Ranger 1.jpg
Sponsored