Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I presently do not have that issue, but since I recently acquired a piece of material that when I saw it I said this has a purpose. The photos are of the first time just stick it up to get the idea. Much refining to do, but it might work. I think this is how Mike (FitzStick) started. 🤔

DSCN9638.JPG

DSCN9639.JPG

DSCN9642.JPG
Sponsored

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Needs a lip around the edges to channel the water in the direction you want it to drain but you're onto something

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I do not have an issue with mine either, I have not looked deep into it, but my initial thoughts were using a cable organizer and make a trough or a similar piece of plastic channel like an edge protector for a piece of furniture (Desk Etc)
I have not put a great amount of thought into it yet, but I am sure if we throw out enough ideas, we will find something that works and looks good and is fairly easy to fab and install.
I would like to see something less (Gaudy) looking than the current piece of Pipe Insulation foam.

We need to find something that works and blends into the truck, like it came from the factory that way.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I do not have an issue with mine either, I have not looked deep into it, but my initial thoughts were using a cable organizer and make a trough or a similar piece of plastic channel like an edge protector for a piece of furniture (Desk Etc)
I have not put a great amount of thought into it yet, but I am sure if we throw out enough ideas, we will find something that works and looks good and is fairly easy to fab and install.
I would like to see something less (Gaudy) looking than the current piece of Pipe Insulation foam.

We need to find something that works and blends into the truck, like it came from the factory that way.
I thought about something along the shape of a gutter, but much smaller, with a flange that could be attached to the underside of the cowl lip, or some type of a "U" channel also with a flange to attach to the cowl. Maybe made of rubber so it could follow the shape of the cowl.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I presently do not have that issue, but since I recently acquired a piece of material that when I saw it I said this has a purpose. The photos are of the first time just stick it up to get the idea. Much refining to do, but it might work. I think this is how Mike (FitzStick) started. 🤔

DSCN9638.JPG

DSCN9639.JPG

DSCN9642.JPG
It's just a simple CAD exercise...

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Personally I threw on a edge guard seal on the cowl where they meet.

Rockhound

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT
Occupation
Cabinet Installer
I thought about something along the shape of a gutter, but much smaller, with a flange that could be attached to the underside of the cowl lip, or some type of a "U" channel also with a flange to attach to the cowl. Maybe made of rubber so it could follow the shape of the cowl.
If you need a downspout…. Just saying. I have some gutter guard too. 🍂🍂

RangerFitz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx2
Occupation
Danger
Looks like it will redirect right into plug #3
Sponsored