Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Finance
Hi all:

I've read everything that I can find here on the forum and I'm still not positive that I can comfortably use 285/70/17s on my Tremor. Consensus seems to be that the wheel offset puts the tire too close to the spindle.

I plan to add a 1/2" puck on top of the fox shock (I understand this gives 1" of lift and brings the truck close to level) and I purchased the cutout crash bars (about about 1/2 the thickness of the stock crash bars). I have a take off set of 285/70/17 KO2s that I'd like to put on the stock Tremor wheels. Is this going to work with no rubbing? I plan to off road the truck a fair bit and I don't want to break anything.

Thanks so much for your time and expertise!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all:

I've read everything that I can find here on the forum and I'm still not positive that I can comfortably use 285/70/17s on my Tremor.

I plan to add a 1/2 puck on top of the fox shock (I understand this gives 1" of lift and brings the truck close to level) and I purchased the cutout crash bars (about about 1/2 the thickness of the stock crash bars). I have a take off set of 285/70/17 KO2s that I'd like to put on the stock Tremor wheels. Is this going to work with no rubbing? I plan to off road the truck a fair bit and I don't want to break anything.

Thanks so much for your time and expertise!!
Discount tire told me you could only get one size taller one of the initial he takes the 255/65/17. I did go to the 265/65/17 but went back to the 255 because of the speedometer difference although I'm not so sure it really made a lot of difference after all. They talked me into it because the 255s were scarce in the continental tires so they didn't charge me to replace him. Besides that, continental has a 60 day satisfaction guarantee and of course discount tire has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee..
A thousand dollars later and $700 on the 2 inch Bilstein lift struts for the front end. Lift done yesterday and the tires two days ago.
After I got the lift done I got a text from a sales guy that he got a few trucks in so I went down there this morning and just got home from buying a new trimmer. I'm about to post it so stay tuned. Yes it came with 265/75/17. Oh yeah, for 40 bucks I had black one-piece Lugnuts put on.

OP
OP

tjack

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Finance
I spent some more time on this and it looks like to use 285/70r17 tires I will need wheels with different offset or use a spacer to avoid hitting the upper control arm. I don't like either of these options. Oh well, I'll save the tires for the Bronco that may come sometime in 2022 :)

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So if memory serves me correctly the tremor is higher than a non tremor Ranger by roughly 2 inchs in the front(dont care ro much for the exact measurements). With that said you theoretically could fit that size but due to the Tremor(Raptor) wheels it may not be the best option. Why you ask? Well those wheels are the same offest as the sport Ian other 17 inch wheels and are also wider. Because of such the inside wall will be closer to the spindal. Due to that you would eithe have to use a wheel spacer(and I dont recommend it) or buy a different set of wheels.

I should also add that not all tires are made the exact same. Due to this not all tires i. That size will make it easy either.

Now you probably wonder what I have. I have a 2019 sport 4x4. It is lifted with Old Man EMU wich provides 2.4 front and 1.6 rear for lift. If anything it gives you a reference. I do run the Firestone Destination XT in 285/70-17 on the sport wheels with no spacers and I manage to do just fine. Could you do it with that particular tire? Maybe but due to the wider wheel I suspect you may rub unless you get the sport wheels or wheel spacers.

I should also add that all i had to do with the crash bars was remove the plastic guard and push the crash bars forward a little.

Here are some pictures for you to reference if anything.

0517211755.jpg

0529211359.jpg

0529211359a_HDR.jpg

0517211755_HDR.jpg
Sponsored