Sponsored

?

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,669
Reaction score
20,629
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
With the small changes complete, the moving truck arrived on Oct. 24 with a gazillion boxes and much of our furniture.

Mrs. DukeCanBuildit wanted all new dining room and living room furniture so the truck made a pit stop along the way to offload our "old" stuff at my wife's cousin's daughter and son-in-law's place. They just bought their first house and closed the deal around the same time as us and were grateful for the furniture.

I've been up to my eyeballs in cardboard boxe, packing material, and bubble wrap but we'll be moving in next week and closing the cottage for the season.

Just a few small chores left - here's one. This is the door from the mud room to the garage. Guess the code violation I’m going to remedy and win a prize.

View attachment 222736
Doesn't have the self-closing hinge thing?
Sponsored

 

Motorpsychology

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Threads
21
Messages
3,359
Reaction score
11,794
Location
Prescott, WI
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4 Carbonized grey; 2025 Mazda CX-90 Platinum Quartz
Occupation
Vagabond
Doesn't have the self-closing hinge thing?
Maybe it's the way the photo was taken, but the handle looks too low, like the door was mounted upside down.

Can I have the cole slaw?
Anticipation.webp
 

Motorpsychology

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Threads
21
Messages
3,359
Reaction score
11,794
Location
Prescott, WI
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4 Carbonized grey; 2025 Mazda CX-90 Platinum Quartz
Occupation
Vagabond
Yeah, I blame the photographer. :wink:

Cole slaw’s all yours, Chris.

And, through the magic of the iPhone’s edit feature, voila!

View attachment 222751

?
There, that's better! Did you have help flipping the door over?

The cole slaw was ok, kinda sweet, with the maple syrup in place of the sugar.??
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Earlier, I mentioned that we removed a bunch of wood trim and made a wall longer and taller, and that I wasn’t that sure about it…

Well, after the furniture was put in place, I’ve warmed up to it…

View attachment 228387

The “small” jobs are trickling to a halt - painting spare bedrooms, swapping out silver pot light trim bezels for white, swapping out two-piece switch plates for singles. Replacing yellowed ceiling speakers for white round access covers. Replacing silver ceiling registers for white, adding some closet lighting where there’s access, getting the mechanical systems dialed in and running smoothly (HRV, Humidifier, Furnace).

The most satisfying small job was installing the original sign the developer erected at the entrance to this street in 1969 when he started selling the lots. The previous owner found it in a barn a block away, rescued it, and mounted it to the garage ceiling. I thought it would look much better in the rec room.

View attachment 228390
Looking good! It's always a snowball effect when you buy a house and start remodeling it. It starts with "Oh, let's just fix up this and that" and then once those are done you see how nice it looks and then everything else needs refreshing. lol

Look at those prices from 1969! :shock:

Good news everyone....We now know exactly where Duke lives and there's no need for those high tech drones now. More money for beer which is being loaded up as we speak! :oops:

1739986051139-qp.jpg


1739986288849-18.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0


AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Thanks Kent - the changes are small but impactful. Mrs. DukeCanBuildit felt it was a bit too masculine with all the dark wood and that the different floor surfaces (cork, carpet, tile, and wood) were too mixed up. The living room and the office saw the most change. The built-in cabinets and work station in the office were painted out and the room was “drenched” (a fancy term I learned along the way) in a single colour. Drapes, walls, trim, and woodwork in the office are now all one colour.

View attachment 228411

The rest was mostly cosmetic - paint, flooring, furniture, lighting.
The new floor really looks nice along with the walls color. I'm just old school where I really like the dark wood desk and bookcase in an office or library room. But I've worked with many decorators over the years and can see how they came to this. Nothing ever gets done masculine with them and they rarely listen to the mans view. You're better off just opening your checkbook and taking a drive in your Ranger until they're gone. lol ?
 

Fawnbuster

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Threads
62
Messages
2,418
Reaction score
8,958
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
1
Looking good! It's always a snowball effect when you buy a house and start remodeling it. It starts with "Oh, let's just fix up this and that" and then once those are done you see how nice it looks and then everything else needs refreshing. lol

Look at those prices from 1969! :shock:

Good news everyone....We now know exactly where Duke lives and there's no need for those high tech drones now. More money for beer which is being loaded up as we speak! :oops:

1739986051139-qp.jpg


1739986288849-18.jpg
33joac.webp
 

Fawnbuster

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Threads
62
Messages
2,418
Reaction score
8,958
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
1
Great idea Mike. I like it. I’ll run it by Mrs. DukeCanBuildit. Although, I have a pretty good idea what the answer is. :wink: If she says ”no”, I have big plans for the garage and could always install it in there. ?

Or….maybe above the hot tub? Chicka Bow Wow! :cool:
Omg Duke too funny!
 

Tracy Bowman

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tracy
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Threads
25
Messages
5,526
Reaction score
28,676
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks Kent - the changes are small but impactful. Mrs. DukeCanBuildit felt it was a bit too masculine with all the dark wood and that the different floor surfaces (cork, carpet, tile, and wood) were too mixed up. The living room and the office saw the most change. The built-in cabinets and work station in the office were painted out and the room was “drenched” (a fancy term I learned along the way) in a single colour. Drapes, walls, trim, and woodwork in the office are now all one colour.

View attachment 228411

The rest was mostly cosmetic - paint, flooring, furniture, lighting.
Fabulous!
 

Fawnbuster

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Threads
62
Messages
2,418
Reaction score
8,958
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
1
Duke, maybe after you reroute the water lines to North American standards you can convert the ceiling spigot to a sprinkler system!
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,669
Reaction score
20,629
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Duke, maybe after you reroute the water lines to North American standards you can convert the ceiling spigot to a sprinkler system!
Or a raindrop shower head.
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,669
Reaction score
20,629
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Good ideas but there is a shower beside the tub and since the filler was centred above the tub and the light fixture is not centred in the room, I might move the light fixture to where the hole is. Or, I might just fill it and call it a day. I’m already fixing the drywall where the old control was.


View attachment 246724

View attachment 246722

The easiest route is to junction from the existing fixture box and put on a white plastic fixture cover. Not ideal but the junction must be accessible (Electrical Code). However, there is a bulkhead that runs the length of the wall where the light switch is located, which means, it will likely be simple enough to fish wire up the wall into that bulkhead and from there, it will be easy to get up between the joists to where I would mount a new light fixture. I just need to figure out how much aggravation I want and how much material I need to………..

Oh, who the heck am I kidding - I’ll just do what Mrs. DukeCanBuildit says she would like done.
Thats the most bestest and the overriding universal reason to get things done.
Good man!
 

Fordup

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,200
Reaction score
10,741
Location
NY
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Mrs. DukeCanBuildit said to just put a cover on the junction and install a fixture where the spout was. So, that’s just what I did.

I take direction well.o

View attachment 246743

That halo on the ceiling is from a work light below. However, I did have to use a good ring. Good thing I have those in stock.

I have a happy life.
Is that a spinning disco ball 🤔.
Sponsored

 
 








Top