275/70/r18 - where are you rubbing? Asking for all of Bronco6G

jaruss01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Hey guys, I’m leading the pack on Bronco6G on whether this tire will fit on stock wheels. I think some suspension parts may be shared with the ranger. We had guys run dimensions at the factory and it looks like we have more clearance from the crashbars. They seemed to be spaced further out. We’ve drawn it out in CAD the precise locations of the crash bars and this size tire seems okay no problem on the bronco.

We’ve also confirmed that there is about 1” backspacing on a stock 32 x 10.4 tire. So all of the math is telling us we will have enough space to run 33.2 x 11.2. Crash bars aren’t a constraint and the spindle doesn’t seem to be a constraint either. The only issue may be the control arm where it juts out from the spindle. after examining a ranger suspension yesterday, I saw that the control arm sticks out at least 0.5” from the spindle, which could be our demise.

see my thread here (with ranger photos as well). https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-close-to-max-size-after-ranger-testing.9432/

so where are you guys rubbing on that size tire? Does it hit your control arm? Or some place else? If it’s some place else, then Bronco guys may be okay...but if it’s the control arm, and the Bronco control arm is identical, then that could be our lynchpin on the bronco.

FYI keep in mind that badlands version has 32.7x11.2 (on 17s) with a slight lift. I don’t think the lift is required given all the dimensions we’ve run on non-badlands. So I would think if the control arm isn’t a problem on that trim, it probably isn’t an issue on upgrading tires on non-badlands trim to a 33.2x11.2

thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: