Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
On Wednesday i called the dealership abut my order status i was told salesman was off and i a left message and didn't hear back from him, so today i decided to try a strategy to get some answers, here is the 'flame' i used to start the fire:LOL: And below the keyword here is 'elsewhere'

"Hi Mitchell,
Regarding the Ranger on order for me and not seeing or knowing of any progress from Ford on when or if this vehicle will ever be built I've decided not to accept their decision to move me to a '22MY Ranger from a '21MY and move on to search what's on the ground elsewhere, you can refund my deposit to the CC i used originally and i thank you for all your help.
Regards,"
Robert

So my idea worked and 9 minutes later :shock:i get an email

''I have one coming in
here is the window sticker of the one coming in'' (seems stressed haha)

Then about 10 minutes after that he called with that concerned voice ''did i see the WS of the one coming in,'' yes but it's white and no sliding rear window, '

'Well we have 2 crewcabs in stock to pick from i could put a discounted price together if you want to go that route"

No i want a S'cab I'm willing to be flexible on color and some options but not cab config and white is out.
He has to talk to the sales manager if there able to do a dealer to dealer swap, also his search tool can go out something like 3000 miles or so and he checked while on the phone not many SC's available, he also said with the plant closing (for 2 weeks i think, might not of heard that correct anyway) for the holidays that puts an additional strain on inventory.

Also at the beginning of our conversation he has nothing on my order being picked up and generally Ranger production looks to be around 3rd week of Jan.( I don't know if that's true but i always put a caution flag up with these salespeople anyway.)
There was a bunch more idle talk and he was going to search using the plan 'B' color choices and even adding 4X4 as a compromise to match something for me and LMK.
So my strategy for answers worked i lit a flame and made a point that you can't forget a customer or they might walk, so I'll see how this goes and at least my position is clear that i have choices(not many but a few) haha.

UPDATE:
I have cancelled the order for the '22 that Ford moved me into after they cancelled the '21 i spec'd out, and purchased a '19 XL S'Cab 4X4 STX with a compromise of features i can live with.
It's amazingly in like new cond't (as the saying goes) with only 7,305 miles and two minor paint scratches that i have removed easily, I'm real picky when purchasing preowned and i can't find any negatives on this truck (and i tried ) LOL.
The previous owner kept it perfect, I'm completely satisfied and I have installed a Truxedo tonneau cover.

Here's a quick pic i took;

2019 Ranger.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JimJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FX4. Level2. 2022 SC FX4 on order
Occupation
Retired
On Wednesday i called the dealership abut my order status i was told salesman was off and i a left message and didn't hear back from him, so today i decided to try a strategy to get some answers, here is the 'flame' i used to start the fire:LOL: And below the keyword here is 'elsewhere'

"Hi Mitchell,
Regarding the Ranger on order for me and not seeing or knowing of any progress from Ford on when or if this vehicle will ever be built I've decided not to accept their decision to move me to a '22MY Ranger from a '21MY and move on to search what's on the ground elsewhere, you can refund my deposit to the CC i used originally and i thank you for all your help.
Regards,"
Robert

''I have one coming in

Then about 10 minutes after that he called with that concerned voice ''did i see the WS of the one coming in,'' yes but it's white and no sliding rear window, '

'Well we have 2 crewcabs in stock to pick from i could put a discounted price together if you want to go that route"

No i want a S'cab I'm willing to be flexible on color and some options but not cab config and white is out.
He has to talk to the sales manager if there able to do a dealer to dealer swap, also his search tool can go out something like 900 miles or so and he checked while on the phone not many SC's available, he also said with the plant closing (for 2 weeks i think, might not of heard that correct anyway) for the holidays that puts an additional strain on inventory.

Also at the beginning of our conversation he has nothing on my order being picked up and generally Ranger production looks to be around 3rd week of Jan.( I don't know if that's true but i always put a caution flag up with these salespeople anyway.)
There was a bunch more idle talk and he was going to search using the plan 'B' color choices and even adding 4X4 as a compromise to match something for me and LMK.
So my strategy for answers worked i lit a flame and made a point that you can't forget a customer or they might walk, so I'll see how this goes and at least my position is clear that i have choices(not many but a few) haha.
Production starts Monday 12/13

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor

"Hi Mitchell,
Regards,"
Robert

''I have one coming in

He has to talk to the sales manager if there able to do a dealer to dealer swap, also his search tool can go out something like 900 miles or so and he checked while on the phone not many SC's available, he also said with the plant closing (for 2 weeks i think, might not of heard that correct anyway) for the holidays that puts an additional strain on inventory.

I did the same thing with mine. I didn't order it, it was a dealer order that was coming in, "by the end of the month," when I happened to go looking. So, I was able to track it right up until it shipped. Getting towards the end of the month and emailed him, asking if he had any updated information on delivery. His reply was only, "No news." So, I got online and looked around. A dealer closer to me had one listed as, "just arrived." I scooted on down there and sure enough, it was there and actually available. Had just come in the day before. I emailed the original guy, asking about how to go about getting my deposit back. Suddenly, he knows the truck is in Columbia and will be on the ground, tomorrow. "Sorry, I work tomorrow and am here now." He should have not been a lazy mf'er and actually checked for me when I asked about it. I paid a little more for this one and it was black instead of white, but otherwise the same. I'm glad I went with the black, anyway.

OP
OP
Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Production starts Monday 12/13
Yes I've heard that, then i thought i read here that it was moved 12/15 but in any case since i have no confirmed VIN # i believe i fall into the unscheduled category, which means 'unit isn't scheduled (no VIN, no date, no guarantee to build), but is a buildable order once allocation and commodities allow' the weeks for unscheduled Rangers are below;

2027796759_BlueOvalForums_ProductionWeekScheduling_2021-12-13_Page_2.jpg.0cce702364c9615d653c1...jpg

OP
OP
Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I did the same thing with mine. I didn't order it, it was a dealer order that was coming in, "by the end of the month," when I happened to go looking. So, I was able to track it right up until it shipped. Getting towards the end of the month and emailed him, asking if he had any updated information on delivery. His reply was only, "No news." So, I got online and looked around. A dealer closer to me had one listed as, "just arrived." I scooted on down there and sure enough, it was there and actually available. Had just come in the day before. I emailed the original guy, asking about how to go about getting my deposit back. Suddenly, he knows the truck is in Columbia and will be on the ground, tomorrow. "Sorry, I work tomorrow and am here now." He should have not been a lazy mf'er and actually checked for me when I asked about it. I paid a little more for this one and it was black instead of white, but otherwise the same. I'm glad I went with the black, anyway.
Good for you and the BS waiting is over for you that's worth something.
I'm call him Monday to see if they can swap for the one i told him about at the other dealer or see if he located any further out than Fords search inventory website can search
(100 miles). If no then I'm off on my own. I am concerned though that they'll try and string me out on refunding the deposit although none of my paperwork say anything about it not being refundable but you know how these dealers have their shady side.
How'd you make out with the deposit refund any issues?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
"Hey appreciate the leads very much and yes i saw that one at Larson Ford here in NJ, i think when i looked at their site it was in transit, i overlooked it though because it is $4 grand over the one i ordered and it has leather not to much of a fan of that but may have to change the budget to what's available as the reality of this mess sets in, thanks"

someone else posted this...

Ford Can't Fill 2021 Orders, Extends Discounts To 2022 Lineup - CarsDirect

But this was buried in the article. 2K off and that Lariat is a little more affordable.

1638994133772.png
Unfortunately that $2000 offer ended Nov 1, the $1,000 bonus cash is still valid till Jan 3 and i have a private offer i received in the mail from Ford for $750.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

"Hi Mitchell,
Regards,"
Robert

''I have one coming in

"Elsewhere" is one of the most powerful words in the English language....

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
How'd you make out with the deposit refund any issues?
No issues at all. I just had to call and talk to the girl who takes payments. She set it to refund and gave me the usual 7-10 business days speech. It hit my bank the very next day.

I just got lucky that I: (a) found one that was dealer ordered and supposed to be in soon and (b) later found one that had been dealer ordered and was delivered AND got there before anyone else. The truck WAS actually reserved in some system or another, but not that dealer's system. So... I guess I got lucky there, too.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

"Hi Mitchell,
Regards,"
Robert

''I have one coming in

Wise man!

OP
OP
Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Any chance the dealer can find a new one on another dealers lot? this one is in SC...minus the 302A.

This one is in NJ...but a lariat w/ chrome and tech package.

1638912943235.png
I called the dealer about the one in N.J. it's on the ground has what i want (and stuff i don't) but at this point i have to compromise so at least this has the minimum of what im looking for.
This particular dealer is not marking up above MSRP so i figured i found a winner.
I get the credit app approved with $2250 in rebates applied and then sales girl calls back that there's a problem, that vehicle is on a 'sales hold' because of the the seat belt being misrouted and failing to secure the passenger in the event of a crash.
So at this point she's going to find out from service dept. when parts are coming in, answer they have no ETA for it :frown: So that balloon got popped and crashed.:crazy:
Sponsored

Last edited: