'21 order cancelled

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
The sales manager who was checking into my order called me back today and confirmed to me that the '21 order has been cancelled and pushed to a '22,
he said I will be getting an email from Ford confirming such and a new Vin #, he told me 1st or 2nd week of Jan build time frame (I'm skeptical) but will see.

UPDATE to my order 12/2 ;
I did stop at the dealer this morning to see about making changes, and caught a break the sales manager who inputs the orders into the computer system was able to access my order page and correct the wheels to 17''chrome and put the chrome package back in, he said if there was constraints on any of the option packages I chose the system would kick it back, it did not while I was there, I also did not lose my spot and retained the same order #, and I received a new order print out
Also Thursday is when Ford accepts the orders so I did it just in time and since no vin # assigned as of today changes are accepted, once vin# comes thru no changes so he sees no issue.

On another note for those that are ordering new or getting switched to a '22 the base MSRP went up also destination/delivery, in my case from $29,120 to $29,335 and delivery from $1195 to $1295 :frown:
Good luck to everybody hopefully '22 will be a better year in all cases.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Ok I got a email (no VIN#); and I see that my wheel choice has been substituted from chrome 17'' pvd to Mag painted and chrome appearance package replaced by Sport appearance. :headbang:
Hmm not sure if I'm liking that. I guess I'll be stopping by the dealership tomm to see if anything else has been substituted.

• YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
    Dear ROBERT
    Congratulations on ordering your all‑new Ranger XLT Super Cab! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by Fette Ford.​
    A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW*
    2022 Ranger XLT Super Cab 4X2:
    • 2.3L Ecoboost® Engine
    • Electronic Ten-Speed Automatic Transmission
    • Carbonized Gray Metallic
    • Ebony Premium Cloth Bucket Front Seats
    • 17” Magnetic Painted Aluminum Sport Wheels
    • 302A High Package
    • Sport Appearance Package
    *Does not show all optional and included packages/features.​
    Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2022 Ranger XLT, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to a longer wait time for your vehicle to be built, but is designed to help ensure your satisfaction. Throughout the production process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order. You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:
    • Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
    • Built – your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
    • Shipped – your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.
    Fford_mid_prod1%2Fb407b491c2071c8c685f30630783b3ff.jpg
    FORD AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES
    There are a number of Ford Authorized Accessories available to personalize your new Ranger. Talk to your dealer today to find out more.​
    THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR ORDER
    We appreciate your business and look forward to producing your Ranger XLT.​
    be-campaign.com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FLogo-Ford.png
    Ford Motor Company
    Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
    P‌.O‌. Bo‌x 62‌48
    Dear‌born‌, M‌I 481‌26
    All Rights Reserved.
    Follow Ford​
    .com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FFord-Social-Facebook.png
    n.com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FFord-Social-Twitter.png
    n.com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FFord-Social-Youtube.png
    1dc-ed76-1c48-c50018015500&sig=HAVKYgJxYSZcKEnFfaX.png

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
the wheels are a personal choice, obviously, but here are the original painted/machined vs magnetic tremor wheels on my truck. Which is also Carbonized Gray. for comparison.
I wanted the darker rims, I just lucked out finding new tremor rims/tires.
but I would certainly check to make sure you get what you want on an order.

IMG_1190.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
the wheels are a personal choice, obviously, but here are the original painted/machined vs magnetic tremor wheels on my truck. Which is also Carbonized Gray. for comparison.

IMG_1190.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg
You know, in hindsight now for what factory charged me for sport mags should have them put steelie’s on and went and got aftermarket mags and tires that are way nicer anyways.

OP
OP
Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
What if they email again next year, surprise you’re now getting a 6g!
I'll take it haha, My plan all along was to do a 3 year lease then go to the next Gen, now maybe i go 2 years on this one

Last edited:
OP
OP
Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Thanks for that pic, I personally don't like wheels & paint color to match
(like black paint & black wheels) I prefer contrast but you know that pic of your setup actually doesn't look bad (to me).
Unfortunately I think the ones there specing it out with are the darker all painted ones, I'm going to see tomm if I can make changes to the wheel choice if it's not to late and don't lose my place in line.
17” Magnetic-Painted Aluminum – Sport (Incl. w/Sport Appearance Pkg. (76E)) – 64D
1638407749062.png

OP
OP
Muffin1

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Sorry for the delay and reschedule of a '22. I personally prefer the Sport and Magnetic look. See if you can check out one locally to compare.
Thanks for the idea but the Sport has the dark bumpers IIRC along with Carbonized grey and the dark painted wheels haven't seen that combo but from what I'm picturing in my mind that ain't gonna happen.
And thinking about it now it was pretty shitty that the sales manager didn't go over the changes with me while on the phone . Waiting for what i wanted is one thing waiting for something i didn't order is giving me a stress headache right now:frown:

Last edited:

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
So why is there no mention of the 2022 Ranger on the Ford website?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
So why is there no mention of the 2022 Ranger on the Ford website?
Thats what crumbles my cookies, too. Ford is pushing for more customer ordered vehicles and fewer dealer stock, and they had a big online unveiling of the 2023 Ranger, but their website still has the '21, which you can't order anymore.
The same thing happened with the Flex; still had the Build and Price up on the web months after it was discontinued and there was none in stock anywhere nationally.