2022 Ranger Splash Limited Edition Colors Announced - Snow, Forest and Sand Editions

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I really like the Sand Edition. My Tacoma (Quicksand) was darker than that but boy that truck looked clean all the time as it really hides the dust.

Tacoma.jpg

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I really ike all three of these colors, especially the Forged Green! But this is coming from someone who has been driving the same Highland Green ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew for the last 20 yearsā€¦. Yes 20! Funny thing though, I still love the color even though the Carolina summers have been rough on the finish. My current project car (purchased in 2002), a ā€˜73 Volvo P1800ES, is almost the same shade of green as my F-150.

I hope to replace ā€œBig Greenā€ next year with the next gen Ranger (Lariat w/ Tremor package) and am really hopeful of a shade of green then too.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Forest Green! Why not the Bronco Sport? Why?!?

Now, I'm interested in purchasing the Ranger... oh, yes!

But how are these 'Splash' editions ordered, seeing they are limited editions, so to speak?
You order it by putting $100 down and picking your dealer, getting a timestamp, waiting till production starts, figuring out your dealer's allocation, which wave Ford and your dealer puts you in, and then discovering your forest green lariat FX4 is now a snow edition XLT 2wd, because all the forest greens went in wave 1. Meanwhile your dealer hits you w/ 10k ADM and a 2.5k market adjustment. Then one of the mechanics at the dealership informs you "that green FX4 splash is exactly what I just ordered and it arrives in 9 weeks". Then you start drinking and put a deposit down on a chevy that kinda looks green. At least that's how I think it works. I could be wrong.

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
I really ike all three of these colors, especially the Forged Green! But this is coming from someone who has been driving the same Highland Green ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew for the last 20 yearsā€¦. Yes 20! Funny thing though, I still love the color even though the Carolina summers have been rough on the finish. My current project car (purchased in 2002), a ā€˜73 Volvo P1800ES, is almost the same shade of green as my F-150.

I hope to replace ā€œBig Greenā€ next year with the next gen Ranger (Lariat w/ Tremor package) and am really hopeful of a shade of green then too.
Is the Tremor package going to continue with the 2023s?

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Is the Tremor package going to continue with the 2023s?
As successful as the Tremor package has been, Iā€™m assuming it will continue into the next generation? Iā€™m also hopeful of a SuperCrew/longbed option as well. Iā€™m just dreaming though.

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
As successful as the Tremor package has been, Iā€™m assuming it will continue into the next generation? Iā€™m also hopeful of a SuperCrew/longbed option as well. Iā€™m just dreaming though.
I agree and hope they do continue the Tremor into the next model. I wont be in the market for a next gen ranger until year 2 or 3 of the next gen so the bugs get worked out and i retire my 22 tremor

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I agree and hope they do continue the Tremor into the next model. I wont be in the market for a next gen ranger until year 2 or 3 of the next gen so the bugs get worked out and i retire my 22 tremor
Iā€™m driving a 20 year old F-150 and wanted a new midsize 2 years ago. Unfortunately I want a crewcab/longbed configuration. Not available in a Ranger and not thrilled with what the other brands who do make that configurationā€¦.. So I save my $$$ and waitā€¦ and wait.

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Iā€™m driving a 20 year old F-150 and wanted a new midsize 2 years ago. Unfortunately I want a crewcab/longbed configuration. Not available in a Ranger and not thrilled with what the other brands who do make that configurationā€¦.. So I save my $$$ and waitā€¦ and wait.
Yeah longbeds in crew configurations are unicorns,you have more patience than i would waiting on that

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Yeah longbeds in crew configurations are unicorns,you have more patience than i would waiting on that
The most frustrating thing is the Ranger is the only midsize truck I like and wantā€¦. but the Ranger is the only BoF midsize that doesnā€™t have a SuperCrew/longbed configuration available!!! ?