2021 Ranger

nathanvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
Will the 2021 model be the new platform or the same as the 2019/2020? I could not seem to find a definitive answer. I am about to purchase a Ranger XLT FX4 but am in no rush and don't want to kick myself if the new one is right around the corner.

thanks!
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Will the 2021 model be the new platform or the same as the 2019/2020? I could not seem to find a definitive answer. I am about to purchase a Ranger XLT FX4 but am in no rush and don't want to kick myself if the new one is right around the corner.

thanks!
Expected 2022 at the earliest

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I can't see Ford making any changes now, with the closure going on. 2020 models will probably have a lower total production number.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I'm expecting everything to get pushed back because of Covid. the next gen Ranger was supposed to come out as a 2022 in late 2021, but who knows now. Same with the Mustang Mach-E, but personally I am not too concerned when a 4dr Mexican-built SUV debuts.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I would recommend ignoring comments from those that speculate on the plans to recover from Covid 19 and produce current and future Rangers without credible source quotations. Unfortunately these statements fan the flames of rumor into fact. I am connected into several folks inside in decision making levels, and mum is the word. Ford is shutdown and top brass are still formulating their reopening complicated by the current State Government's decrees.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
Hi Folks,

I would recommend ignoring comments from those that speculate on the plans to recover from Covid 19 and produce current and future Rangers without credible source quotations. Unfortunately these statements fan the flames of rumor into fact. I am connected into several folks inside in decision making levels, and mum is the word. Ford is shutdown and top brass are still formulating their reopening complicated by the current State Government's decrees.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thank you Phil, I appreciate accuracy in reporting.
Ford will update the Ranger one day but they will decide when, not when people posting rumors say it is.

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil rules.

That is all.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Fair enough on the rumor mill. The international Ranger model hasn't changed much in years. With the Hilux, D-Max, and BT-50 set to come out with upgraded models (D-max already released their new platform), I would suspect the Ranger will follow not too far behind. Car and Driver and Motor Trend have both released renderings of the redesigned Ranger for the US market. It looked similar to the new F-150 redesign, which, if that is the case, will be a huge disappointment to the evolution of this current model.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil, you need your own forum!!!
thanks for all the great information!!!! - seriously, love the stories and insider stuff........

I say buy the truck you want when you need it-- -if you need truck now - a 2020 or even a 19 if you can find one still is a great buy but if you can wait and want to see what happens , 2021 is right around the corner. But no matter when or what your buy there is always going to be a newer better model out there and my personal theory is that its better not to buy the first year of production of anything because no matter how well engineered, there are always going to be bugs to work out and Id rather wait a bit to let that happen so I get the most solid vehicle I can. --the ranger is a great truck, a little rough in some areas but a great truck-- I love mine more every day.... especially since I got rid of start stop.......

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, you need your own forum!!!
thanks for all the great information!!!! - seriously, love the stories and insider stuff........

I say buy the truck you want when you need it-- -if you need truck now - a 2020 or even a 19 if you can find one still is a great buy but if you can wait and want to see what happens , 2021 is right around the corner. But no matter when or what your buy there is always going to be a newer better model out there and my personal theory is that its better not to buy the first year of production of anything because no matter how well engineered, there are always going to be bugs to work out and Id rather wait a bit to let that happen so I get the most solid vehicle I can. --the ranger is a great truck, a little rough in some areas but a great truck-- I love mine more every day.... especially since I got rid of start stop.......

Wait how did you get rid of start stop? Ive been trying to find a way to just permanently disable it instead of hitting the button everytime I get in and drive, which isnt hard just annoying!

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
what I've been able to find so far...

New Bronco will actually NOT be using the current Ranger chassis...instead new Ranger will use the Bronco's chassis. This of course came from a Car and Driver report...so take with a grain of salt. I'd also think that the global crew would want to have a say in how its built and designed since I am guessing the Ranger will still remain a "global" platform since Volkswagen is still moving forward with using it as the platform for the next Amarok?

Phil may be willing to chime in on that part. I can't honestly see how the chassis will change drastically from this to the next gen as the Bronco has been shown to have roughly the same axles and approximate architecture that the Ranger 4x4 has currently.

Perhaps the chassis rails up front will be reinforced or spread a bit to accommodate a larger motor such as an EB V6 or a Volkswagen V6 Diesel for their iteration. The name of the game here is to give what the majority would like to have but keep it in budget. Chassis sharing goes along way for that and keeping it close to the previous gen will help keep costs down and prices in the sweet spot for consumers to look at a Ranger as a nice choice.

D

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wait how did you get rid of start stop? Ive been trying to find a way to just permanently disable it instead of hitting the button everytime I get in and drive, which isnt hard just annoying!
The easiest (and cheapest) way to disable it is get a LED night light and plug it into the 110 V on the back of the console or drive in S mode. No more A/S/S.

Night Light.jpg

Racerdave6

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX. 2017 Escape SE
Occupation
Mechanic
Not all models have the 110v option.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
When I first purchased the truck I tried to live with it to see if I could get used to it and I just can't - its distracting and annoying as hell. I kept forgetting to push that button --- this 'feature' needs to go away!!!!!!

------there are a lot of threads on this with a lot of ideas
what I did is instal this: less than 90 bucks and worth every penny to me! Hate stop start.......

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/...products/2019-ford-ranger-autostop-eliminator

if the link doesn't work, just search autostop eliminator it is a simple wire harness that goes between the switch and the wire harness at the plug there is no cutting or splicing at all it uses ford factory connecters on both ends (the page says that is most of the cost) so it is removable and causes no damage or changes to the truck- the page says no changes to software etc..... its genius!

when you go to the page, watch the video --- it really is that easy to instal and works just like it shows..... I haven't even thought about hitting that stupid button since the day I installed it and that's the way I like it. .:like:
I know there are a lot of other ways to do it (search it you can read for awhile, I know I did.....) but this makes the truck act like a normal car...... when you get in start it the message 'start stop disabled by switch' shows on the display every time and I drive normal --- this thing just remembers whatever position you put the switch in.....

good luck!
Sponsored