Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
The new TRX rides on a new and unique frame that is approximately 75% new when compared to a standard Ram 1500 frame. Ram uses latest technology and high-strength steel to make this half-ton truck frame nearly as strong and rigid as a heavy duty truck’s frame.

This truck rides on a slightly longer wheelbase and 6-inch wider track. The TRX is a crazy 88-inches wider. This is wider than the current 2020 Ford Raptor! Why all the extra size? It’s for suspension travel, ground clearance, bigger tires, and more.

The TRX has 13 inches of front wheel travel, 14 inches of rear travel. It has 11.8 inches of ground clearance. It rides on 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires that also allow the truck to reach a top speed of 118 MPH.

Under the hood breathes a 6.2-liter supercharged Hellcat V8 engine. This one produces 702 horsepower @ 6,100 rpm and 650 lb-ft of torque. The engine is mated to a beefy ZF 8-speed automatic transmission.
Ram claims the following TRX acceleration specs:
  • 0-60 MPH in 4.5 seconds
  • 1/4-mile in 12.9 seconds at 108 MPH
The TRX starts at $69,995 plus a $1,695 destination charge (or $71,690). This is a high price, but it’s impressive when you consider all the performance that is packed into this truck.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/08/wo...-and-srt-know-how-to-take-on-the-ford-raptor/

Orders open tomorrow and deliveries start this year.

RM021_403FN.jpg

RM021_419FN.jpg

RM021_409FN.jpg

RM021_405FN.jpg

1597681980741.gif
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
"The TRX is a crazy 88-inches wider."

:question::inspect: :LOL:

That has to be a typo.

Deleted member 1634

Classic FCA, just throw more power at it...

Everybody's going to go crazy because it has a V8 and the engine has a cool name. I'll wait and see how good it is at what it's meant to beat. More power doesn't mean it's better. I'm sure it'll sell a bunch for all the mall crawlers out there who want to look tough. Same as the Raptor though too.

I don't know, I'm just not a brute force kind of guy. I like the technical, the finesse. I like 3-pointers, not slam dunks. I like subtle, not in your face. This truck is too much for a "just because" reason, and sadly that's why it'll sell plenty well...

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, RAM build and price for this thing, I'm at 89K.... I don't see a tail gate damper option though... I don't know, 700+hp off road truck..... Reminds me of the Dodge Ram SRT-10 (Viper engine) or the Ford Lightning way back.... cool & fast street trucks.... a lot happening on the dash too....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
"The TRX is a crazy 88-inches wider."

:question::inspect: :LOL:

That has to be a typo.
Haha....yes, I believe that should say 88 inches WIDE

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
I think its like the 392 Hemi in the Jeep. Chrysler is just trying to make up for the fact that their trucks aren't as good. Just put a big engine in it!! Even though, who really needs 700+ HP in a pick up

Jgarrett

First Name
jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
FBI
0-60 in 4.5 second?...hmmm...I recall that's the same number TFL's 5 Star tuning managed with the Ranger...If I had a tuned Ranger, I'd race one (even to be on the bumper) just to frustrate the hell out of that VERY expensive TRX :giggle:

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Was coming to post the same thing... $94 grand Canadian, wowzers! Definitely a shot at the Raptor though so should be fun/interesting to see some competition if that’s in the cards.

https://t.co/KyPdu63xEI <— link for Driving.ca article on the TRX...

Jgarrett

First Name
jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
FBI
How much!? I estimate mine at around $45k...if I can add another $40k on top to make it even with the TRX, my Ranger could beat beat the Ram by a shit ton and own the record for the fastest roof top tent on the planet lol...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
0-60 in 4.5 second?...hmmm...I recall that's the same number TFL's 5 Star tuning managed with the Ranger...If I had a tuned Ranger, I'd race one (even to be on the bumper) just to frustrate the hell out of that VERY expensive TRX :giggle:
Not in the desert! :)

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Always been a dodge truck guy,but preffered the Dakota's
If they made it 2 wheel drive in a reg cab short bed,I would actually consider getting rid of my Hellcat and the Ranger for one.
My last 2 Dakota’s were very fun LOL

My 2000 Dak R/T

And the sleeper beater ‘96

I like power LOL

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score