Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look and the versatility of the rear seat in my new STX.
I plan on keeping the back seat in my Mustang as well.
Heck, I was a bit disappointed when they decided not to offer the back seat in the EXP.
The Ranger SuperCab functions as a coupe at least as well as the SuperCrew functions as a Sedan.
Both function well as trucks as well, in spite of obvious differences in box capacities.
I feel that I sacrificed a shorter wheelbase to make room for the versatility of the SuperCab for passengers as well inside storage and the ability to recline the front seats.
The back seat delete provides almost no more room, but you do lose the versatility and convenience as well as the appearance and resale.
i believe that the Supercab and the Supercrew have the same Wheelbase.
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
i believe that the Supercab and the Supercrew have the same Wheelbase.
That is correct,
The "sacrifice" was in going to the extra foot of wheelbase in the 2019 Ranger,,, Vis-A-Vis my 2001 Ranger which was replaced.

Last edited:

gpsdualsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL ExtraCab 2WD
Any advice for adding the back seats on a factory seat delete option?
Find somebody that wants to get rid of their seats and work out a trade. See the link below.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/wtt-supercab-back-seats-for-rear-seat-delete-trim.4030/
I will be in SW Michigan area after March 10th. Send me a Private Message to work out the details.
This will NOT BE A EASY SWAP. There will be drilling holes in your floor to install the seat base latches. Panel clips may break on removal. Rear Seat belts could be a challenge to remove if the bolts are Torx type.
A good mechanic with a well stocked tool box could do the job in a day.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible to remove the seat bottoms from the Lariat seat? How hard is it to do? Directions?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Is it possible to remove the seat bottoms from the Lariat seat? How hard is it to do? Directions?
I assume you are asking about the rear seat bottom cushions.
Refer to page 122 of your 2019 owner's manual, or locate and pull forward the release strap on the forward edge of the cushion, lift the cushion and disengage the rear metal hoops from the cutouts in the floor.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I assume you are asking about the rear seat bottom cushions.
Refer to page 122 of your 2019 owner's manual, or locate and pull forward the release strap on the forward edge of the cushion, lift the cushion and disengage the rear metal hoops from the cutouts in the floor.
That does not work for the double cab.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
As requested by @rangerdanger, this is what the rear seat delete option looks like in the supercab XL.

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG
Wow, I wish that they would have offered us that option across the board. Since my wife and I are the only ones to ride in our Ranger Lariat Super-crew, we always keep the back seats folded up to create more room for our stuff (mostly athletic equipment, hiking boots, drinks, and other assorted junk), but we would have had even more space if Ford would have put a "delete back seats option" on all of the trims and models across the board. Maybe this should go on the "things Ford should put on future models of the Ranger" threads.... Thanks for posting this, man!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
That does not work for the double cab.
The original thread is about the rear seat delete option on a S/Cab, not a S/Crew. Not sure if that is even offered on a S/Crew.

alaska2baja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCab, 2008 Yamaha TW200
Occupation
Adventure Guide
Wanted to give a personal experience viewpoint with removal of the rear seats on my 2020 SuperCab as I just deleted them on my truck today.

I found the prior thread removal descriptions helpful but I also disagree with one of those suggested steps and hope to save the next person some frustration or maybe just provide some clarity to how they are attached. I started as others removing the seat bases via the lower strap release and then extracting the 1/2" bolt beneath the child seat anchor velcro cover in-between the headrests. After the bolt is removed one user suggested rocking the seatback to the left and right until one side unclips from the two lower metal brackets. I was unsuccessful with this technique as I couldn't get any lateral movement whatsoever. I instead, gripped the seat back at the top corners and with a quick firm pull broke the plastic clip that holds the seatback to the rear wall. (this method was also suggested by another member and also worked for me) After close inspection I see no other way to get the seatback un-hooked. On the second seat I reached behind with several automotive trim clip removal tools that I own but could not get it to release. A quick yank on that side also worked. The panel clip is easily replaced and I'm sure is just a few dollars give or take. Anyway, I'll be removing the seat belts tomorrow and begin fabricating a lower platform template with anchor points that will hold totes and bags and trail tools. I'll post shots of that progress as it comes together.

I've attached a few images for an understanding of the components that hold the seat to the rear wall. The plastic clip mounts to the upper center of the seatback and the two metal brackets attach at the bottom. Good luck.

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7461.jpg

IMG_7463.jpg

IMG_7467.jpg

gpsdualsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL ExtraCab 2WD
Thanks for the information. Don't see anyway to remove the seat back without breaking the clip.
That clip on the seat back was not on my 2019 XL. Must be new for the 2020 models.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Thanks for the information. Don't see anyway to remove the seat back without breaking the clip.
That clip on the seat back was not on my 2019 XL. Must be new for the 2020 models.
Being that the seats are not designed for removal, the clips are probably not designed to release. they are probably designed to simply hold the seat up untill it can be bolted in permenently. i'd buy a few and store them if you intend to re install the seats at some point, though it's not clear they are needed.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Anyone attempt to remove the plastic floor storage bins?
I would like to so my dog has a completely flat even surface to lay on ( of course with cushioning)
I have seen other posts about building a raised wood platform to match the height of the bins, just think removing the bins might be a better way to go.
Sponsored