First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Local 1 Chicago IL Ironworker (retired)
The lariat trim runs 2 wire front turn signals need to make it 3 wire.
Sponsored

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
please explain..

OP
OP
Bobby-C

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I bought led switchback bulbs, there day light running and turn signal. The lariat trim has 2 wire plugs that are for turn signal only. So, the day light running won't switch on because of no continuous power to the plug.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
True, The Lariat Front Turn bulbs are just that - only wired for Turn's However the OEM bulb is still dual filament, it is only wired for Turn Signals.

The Lariat is wired this way, since the Parking Lights moved to the DRL strip.
Note the wiring harness going to the Headlight Assembly is the same for all trims, where the change happens is in the Headlight Assembly itself from the power supply module inside the assembly.
With Forscan, you can adjust where you want the power to go (what pins-receive it and when)

If your end outcome was to get brighter LED lighting from them then use these, they are bright as heck when they are functioning.

Oxliam 7440 LED Amber, sorry but you can use search function, a lot of members use them and ZERO hyperflash issues.

Now you may try using Forscan and forcing the DRL to move to the Turns, but I have a feeling it will throw errors. You will need to change - DRL Configuration and Allowed DRL Options, but even if you can change this, the bulbs will be Bright as they will be powered for turn signals.

OP
OP
Bobby-C

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
True, The Lariat Front Turn bulbs are just that - only wired for Turn's However the OEM bulb is still dual filament, it is only wired for Turn Signals.

The Lariat is wired this way, since the Parking Lights moved to the DRL strip.
Note the wiring harness going to the Headlight Assembly is the same for all trims, where the change happens is in the Headlight Assembly itself from the power supply module inside the assembly.
With Forscan, you can adjust where you want the power to go (what pins-receive it and when)

If your end outcome was to get brighter LED lighting from them then use these, they are bright as heck when they are functioning.

Oxliam 7440 LED Amber, sorry but you can use search function, a lot of members use them and ZERO hyperflash issues.

Now you may try using Forscan and forcing the DRL to move to the Turns, but I have a feeling it will throw errors. You will need to change - DRL Configuration and Allowed DRL Options, but even if you can change this, the bulbs will be Bright as they will be powered for turn signals.

OP
OP
Bobby-C

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I bought a set of Lasfit led switchback bulbs turn signals and switch to day light running lights. No hyper flash with turn signals. Just need continuous power to the plugs.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Here is my post on when I swapped mine over from Halo's to LED's.
My LED's were deleted from my as ordered truck, so I invested in getting it back to the way it should have been delivered.

Now this will cover some basics of the Forscan settings, but you would want to play with the (+) Turns setting to see if it will work. It's going to be trial and error.
When I played with mine in getting them set-up, I focused on getting the LED strip working and the correct setting needed for it.

Updated Findings for Lariat Headlight Swap | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

OP
OP
Bobby-C

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Here is my post on when I swapped mine over from Halo's to LED's.
My LED's were deleted from my as ordered truck, so I invested in getting it back to the way it should have been delivered.

Now this will cover some basics of the Forscan settings, but you would want to play with the (+) Turns setting to see if it will work. It's going to be trial and error.
When I played with mine in getting them set-up, I focused on getting the LED strip working and the correct setting needed for it.

Updated Findings for Lariat Headlight Swap | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

OP
OP
Bobby-C

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Lariat trim comes with led head light and led fog lights. How ever the turn signals are halogens. I bought led switchback bulbs but they won’t switch to daylight runner’s because the plug is signal function. Looking to make it dual function to make that switch.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
If you want it to be dual functional just like the Halo’s then you do have the option to add a wire between the turn signal socket and the headlight main connector, and then tweak settings with Forscan, again it may not play nice without tripping faults .
The Ranger is very finicky when tweaking the lighting system.
For what you want, I do not believe anyone has done it yet with the Lariat LED assembly, but I believe it can be done with some wiring and Forscan tweaks.
If you add a wire to basically add back the park light circuit and then use Forscan to kill power to the DRL strip and move it to the park lamp circuit / and or have both enabled

I should point out - just in case you do not know - Be careful, these headlight assemblies are 1100.00 each

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bobby-C

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
If you want it to be dual functional just like the Halo’s then you do have the option to add a wire between the turn signal socket and the headlight main connector, and then tweak settings with Forscan, again it may not play nice without tripping faults .
The Ranger is very finicky when tweaking the lighting system.
For what you want, I do not believe anyone has done it yet with the Lariat LED assembly, but I believe it can be done with some wiring and Forscan tweaks.
If you add a wire to basically add back the park light circuit and then use Forscan to kill power to the DRL strip and move it to the park lamp circuit / and or have both enabled

I should point out - just in case you do not know - Be careful, these headlight assemblies are 1100.00 each

OP
OP
Bobby-C

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I'm sure they costed that much, I may go to the dealer and talk to a mechanic and see what they say. Thanks for the info

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
You can ask, but a dealer will not alter factory settings or modify anything unless it is a Ford approved modification.
If you want this, this has to be done by you the owner or another shop willing to do it.
I would be highly surprised if they tell you anything other than it cannot be done. It is going to depend on the technician and if any bosses are around when you ask.
Sponsored