First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Black Out Package
Occupation
Engineer
I was moving my daughter into a new apartment last night and the rear turn signal/ hazards are blinding. Its strange that the front and wheel lip signals are regular bulbs but the rears are LED. Is there a non LED option for the rear?
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I was moving my daughter into a new apartment last night and the rear turn signal/ hazards are blinding. Its strange that the front and wheel lip signals are regular bulbs but the rears are LED. Is there a non LED option for the rear?
I have no doubt you could find them though I don't see why you would want to, with how stupid and un observant people are I like having bright turn signals because they are much harder to ignore and miss. Also blinding is definitely an overstatement, they are bright yes but not that bright.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
To answer your question, yes there is a non-LED option but only on the lower trim levels. The LED tailights are one piece non-servicable assembies and must be changed as a unit.

I agree with @Squatchranger , why would you want to? You would lose the Blind Spot detection also. Visibility is a good thing.

As far as the front bulbs, most people change them out for brighter LED bulbs anyway for more visibility anyway. And the wheel lip lights are side markers and do not flash with turn signals or Hazard flashers

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
To answer your question, yes there is a non-LED option but only on the lower trim levels. The LED tailights are one piece non-servicable assembies and must be changed as a unit.

I agree with @Squatchranger , why would you want to? You would lose the Blind Spot detection also. Visibility is a good thing.

As far as the front bulbs, most people change them out for brighter LED bulbs anyway for more visibility anyway. And the wheel lip lights are side markers and do not flash with turn signals or Hazard flashers
I didnt realize you couldn't just swap out particular bulbs if one goes out, that sucks royally, but yeah exactly what you said, I should look into the brighter front bulbs as well, would be nice to have

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I didnt realize you couldn't just swap out particular bulbs if one goes out, that sucks royally, but yeah exactly what you said, I should look into the brighter front bulbs as well, would be nice to have
Yeah with the LED tailights if you crack them or a light goes out it's quite expensive. But, you can swap out the Bind-Spot module to the new assembly, so that helps a little. It's still around a thousand bucks for new OEM if you can't find a used one. No wonder they get stolen.

The fronts are an easy swap. Looks like you have a Lariat so remember your fronts are just turn indicators, not turn and marker. So, don't waste your money on the switchback style bulbs. Several threads about swapping them out.

OP
OP

JeffAntonucci

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Black Out Package
Occupation
Engineer
OK - thanks everyone. I had no idea they were one pc taillights. Its not worth it.
Sponsored