First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger LT
Occupation
TSM
Hello, I am new to this forum, and was wondering if anyone has had this issue with there Ranger. When I am on an hill , and start to pass someone, my engine begins to get a faint tick, like a diesel ping, and loses over 50% power, almost like the turbo is not building up.
when this happens, the user manual light Comes on. The engine code that appears is (P1300/boost calibration fault). Has anyone had this happen to them? I am 1000 miles away from the 3/36 going out, and will take to dealer, but was hoping someone may have a simple solution to possibly avoid having to use dealer. Thanks in advance, and sorry if my forum ignorance is apparent.
Sponsored

OP
OP
James Chastain
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger LT
Occupation
TSM
lol really.....why wouldnt you go to dealer.
I have been laid off for 2 and 1/2 mos , and am supposed to start back next week. When there is a new problem with a vehicle this new, it could sit over a week just being diagnosed. I make my living out of my truck and need it . Was hoping to avoid it sitting in the shop,

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
I have been laid off for 2 and 1/2 mos , and am supposed to start back next week. When there is a new problem with a vehicle this new, it could sit over a week just being diagnosed. I make my living out of my truck and need it . Was hoping to avoid it sitting in the shop,
Then make them give you a loaner like they are required to do when your vehicle is in for warrant work.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Spot check all of the hose clamp connections, connection may looks right but may be moving enough under load to cause a boost leak, look for any obvious signs of wear or holes in the hoses.

OP
OP
James Chastain
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger LT
Occupation
TSM
Spot check all of the hose clamp connections, connection may looks right but may be moving enough under load to cause a boost leak, look for any obvious signs of wear or holes in the hoses.
Will do, thanks a lot, will report back

OP
OP
James Chastain
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger LT
Occupation
TSM
Wait, you're saying you have 35,000 miles on a 2019 Ranger already?! :question: :oops:
35,315 to be exact. I’m in sales, and drive close to 800 miles a week when I’m working. If it wasn’t for cOvid ,I’d have around 37k by niw

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
35,315 to be exact. I’m in sales, and drive close to 800 miles a week when I’m working. If it wasn’t for cOvid ,I’d have around 37k by niw
dam you working it .I thought you where trolling with the fist post stuff.a independent shop will read that code for cheap and NOT take you out of service.from what i have read it could be something a simple as a map sensor.truck is running fine besides?

OP
OP
James Chastain
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger LT
Occupation
TSM
dam you working it .I thought you where trolling with the fist post stuff.a independent shop will read that code for cheap and NOT take you out of service.from what i have read it could be something a simple as a map sensor.truck is running fine besides?
Thanks man, I understand. Appreciate the advice

OP
OP
James Chastain
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger LT
Occupation
TSM
The truck runs fine Except when I go to pass someone, I hear a crazy faint ping , then it loses power, and about 5sec later the engine light comes on. It may go all day until it does it again. I hope it is simple, I’ll take your advice , and try my local shop. Thanks again

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
Hello, I am new to this forum, and was wondering if anyone has had this issue with there Ranger. When I am on an hill , and start to pass someone, my engine begins to get a faint tick, like a diesel ping, and loses over 50% power, almost like the turbo is not building up.
when this happens, the user manual light Comes on. The engine code that appears is (P1300/boost calibration fault). Has anyone had this happen to them? I am 1000 miles away from the 3/36 going out, and will take to dealer, but was hoping someone may have a simple solution to possibly avoid having to use dealer. Thanks in advance, and sorry if my forum ignorance is apparent.
I don't see P1300 in the PC/ED for a ranger, are you sure it's not P130D? How long has it sat with the fuel in the tank?

OP
OP
James Chastain
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger LT
Occupation
TSM
I don't see P1300 in the PC/ED for a ranger, are you sure it's not P130D? How long has it sat with the fuel in the tank?
the Fuel may have been in 2 to 3 weeks. My eyes are getting worse at 51 years old, it may have been p130D. I will check that out. Thanks

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
the Fuel may have been in 2 to 3 weeks. My eyes are getting worse at 51 years old, it may have been p130D. I will check that out. Thanks
If that is the case I would try topping it off with premium. Poor quality or old fuel will cause this code and would explain the ping. You may have pumped the fuel only a few weeks ago but with everything going on lately who knows how long it was in the stations tank.

OP
OP
James Chastain
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger LT
Occupation
TSM
If that is the case I would try topping it off with premium. Poor quality or old fuel will cause this code and would explain the ping. You may have pumped the fuel only a few weeks ago but with everything going on lately who knows how long it was in the stations tank.
Okay, I filled up with BP premium 93 yesterday and drove a good 50 miles. It only pinged 1 faint time, and ran like it did when new. Hopefully that was it. Thanks. I will update if light or any loss of power happens again.
Sponsored