2019 Ford Ranger Owners Manual, Quick Reference Guide, Packaging Guide

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Wow! Notice in the tow guide that the Ranger offers two differentials ...
Open(71) and LS(73) but not E-Locker (X73)
Who is supposed to be the final word on content and options at Ford?
Along with the many errors in Build and price sheets, it starts to shake your confidence.
Sponsored

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Notice in the tow guide that the Ranger offers two differentials ...
Open(71) and LS(73) but not E-Locker (X73)
Who is supposed to be the final word on content and options at Ford?
Along with the many errors in Build and price sheets, it starts to shake your confidence.
I noticed several errors, typo and factual, while scrolling through the manual. I think they ripped off the UK manual and told some interns to work on it for a while. It's really pretty low quality.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

If only...right?? :crying:

Last edited:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I am an old man. I try and stay up with the latest gadgets, especially those on my soon to be delivered Ranger. That being said, I canā€™t reconnect my sound bar to my smart tv without summoning my kids assistance. I now very well know, thanks to those here who are much more tech savvy than me, Ford Pass and the hot spot are separate gizmos, and like me and the lead signer from the Cars, unrelated. We just spell our first names the same way. Iā€™ll go sit in the corner with my downloaded ownerā€™s manual.
I read over my downloaded manual several times in preparation for delivery, and now that version 3 is out I'm trying to see some of the additions in it... ugh, I'm thinking by year end we'll be on version 9 or 10. :)

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I read over my downloaded manual several times in preparation for delivery, and now that version 3 is out I'm trying to see some of the additions in it... ugh, I'm thinking by year end we'll be on version 9 or 10. :)
Where can you get the downloaded version of the manual? I originally got one from this forum, I think it's version 2. I assumed I could get one from owner.ford.com, but it says nothing is available for the Ranger.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Where can you get the downloaded version of the manual? I originally got one from this forum, I think it's version 2. I assumed I could get one from owner.ford.com, but it says nothing is available for the Ranger.
It can be found here.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Version 3 is on the forum too...

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It can be found here.
Interesting. I just logged in to that site, and this is what I get. Wonder if it has anything to do with the way my Ranger is identified. But then again, I did a search based on my VIN. In any event, thanks for the link.

upload_2019-4-11_14-40-40.png

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I just logged in to that site, and this is what I get. Wonder if it has anything to do with the way my Ranger is identified. But then again, I did a search based on my VIN. In any event, thanks for the link.

upload_2019-4-11_14-40-40.png
I logged in and this is what comes up. Maybe try again and just be logged into your account.

upload_2019-4-11_13-48-19.png

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I logged in and this is what comes up. Maybe try again and just be logged into your account.

upload_2019-4-11_13-48-19.png
Just got off a chat session with the support. She experienced the same issue that I had. I can get to the manuals - but only if I'm not logged in. The chat agent said that there are some site issues.

Side note, I see your Ranger is also identified as a '2019 Ranger FG'. My 2014 Explorer is correctly identified with an image of the Explorer in the same color as mine. And the 2012 Edge I just sold was done the same way. Wonder why the Ranger is showing as a blue silhouette.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off a chat session with the support. She experienced the same issue that I had. I can get to the manuals - but only if I'm not logged in. The chat agent said that there are some site issues.

Side note, I see your Ranger is also identified as a '2019 Ranger FG'. My 2014 Explorer is correctly identified with an image of the Explorer in the same color as mine. And the 2012 Edge I just sold was done the same way. Wonder why the Ranger is showing as a blue silhouette.
Yea, my 2015 Explorer was the correct color and pic. I think they are just behind on the graphics on some of the sites. No one thinks of all the hundreds of areas that a graphic has to be uploaded or changed.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I'm with you, at 50 I grew up analog and dont mind tech..to a point. Having a WiFi enabled toaster, fridge or sink faucet is just tech for the sake for tech. Not interested. Have enough women in my life I am required to speak to not interested in a relationship with a Siri or Alexa.
That being said I will admit it took me a few weeks to fully wrap my head around all the mostly useful items in mine. One thing I'm not a fan of is all the sensor clatter when I'm driving in the snow and they get covered requiring me to either endure the noise or pull over with snow brush in had to clear. I think there should be a better way that was engineered, unless there is a master shut off I have not found yet?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you, at 50 I grew up analog and dont mind tech..to a point. Having a WiFi enabled toaster, fridge or sink faucet is just tech for the sake for tech. Not interested. Have enough women in my life I am required to speak to not interested in a relationship with a Siri or Alexa.
That being said I will admit it took me a few weeks to fully wrap my head around all the mostly useful items in mine. One thing I'm not a fan of is all the sensor clatter when I'm driving in the snow and they get covered requiring me to either endure the noise or pull over with snow brush in had to clear. I think there should be a better way that was engineered, unless there is a master shut off I have not found yet?
Yea, just turn off the park assist by the shifter.
upload_2019-12-13_7-28-13.png

My sensors always go off when pulling into a car wash when the underbody spray is in front of me. So I just push the button and they don't go off.

I did notice several times during the winter in my '15 Explorer the radar head for the adaptive cruise would get slush and ice-covered it would say that it's non-functional and all I had to do was click the pop up "OK" Then the next time I stopped for fuel I'd brush it off.