2019 Ford Ranger Oil Chg Reset

RT2164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I have a 2019 Ford Ranger XLT. I did the 1st oil change after 2000 miles but could never figure how to get the "time to change Oil" message to go away. So I gave up on it and then it went away on it's own for awhile. Now it's back again for 3 weeks now. I looked in the manual and it says to push the Settings icon on the steering wheel and then push the right arrow button to scroll to Vehicle. Mine doesn't get to Vehicle. What am I missing?
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I just checked mine and on the left side of the steering wheel I had to use the arrows to get to Settings and then that brought up Vehicle, My Key, Display. Oil Life Reset was there when Vehicle was selected.

OP
OP

RT2164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Thanks for the reply.
Mine doesn't give any "My Key" or "Oil Life" listing in Vehicle. On mine I goto Settings->Vehicle, inside there are two choices,
(1) Camera Settings
(2) Onboard Modem Serial Num
That's it, nothing else.
--My truck has Sync3 firmware version 3.3, Build 19052
I have the truck parked near my Home Wifi and have the truck logged in with my Wifi pswd etc. I can see the truck as part of the Wifi when I log into my Wifi Router, so I know the truck has access to the internet when parked near.
Today I checked for updates of the Sync3. When I click on Check for Updates, it pauses for a bit and then exits back with no message what so ever.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Thanks for the reply.
Mine doesn't give any "My Key" or "Oil Life" listing in Vehicle. On mine I goto Settings->Vehicle, inside there are two choices,
(1) Camera Settings
That's it, nothing else.
I have the truck parked near my Home Wifi and have the truck logged in with my Wifi pswd etc. I can see the truck as part of the Wifi when I log into my Wifi Router, so I know the truck has access to the internet when parked near.
Today I checked for updates of the Sync3. When I click on Check for Updates, it pauses for a bit and then exits back with no message what so ever.
Oil change reset is done via the Screen on the instrument cluster not the sync display

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the reply.
(1) Camera Settings
That's it, nothing else.
Sounds like you are looking in Sync 3. You should be looking at the settings in the instrument panel using the steering wheel buttons to reset the oil life.

As far as updating Sync 3 (separate issue), you can log into the Ford Owner site to see if you have updates available and follow the instructions there.

OP
OP

RT2164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Well on mine if I press the right arrow on the Steering wheel it causes the same effect, i.e. the "center screen" in front of console (not Dash behind steering) moves to settings. I can't seem to get to anything on the display via either method. Maybe I need to do that before I hit OK? I'll go try that soon. Additionally when in other (Dash) normal mileage displays I can move up and down thru other displays with the up arrow on the steering wheel. But cannot seem to get to any Vehicle or oil change area.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
The key is in the ON position not ACC when u are trying this right?

OP
OP

RT2164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Ok, THANKS so much for heading me in that direction. I went back out and kept pushing different arrow buttons on the left side of the Steering wheel and was able to finally reset my Oil chg display.
My problem was I've always kept the Dash display in the Fuel Mileage and have no experience at moving around with the steering wheel (left side) arrow buttons. And pushing the right arrow of the steering wheel was not getting to where I needed for Oil Reset. Evidently in my frustration I was then pushing the Settings button on the right side of the steering wheel which didn't either.
But I finally figured it out (with your input). Apparently (if I got it right)
You hit the left arrow to back out of any current menu.
You hit the up or down arrows to move thru any current menu.
And you hit the right arrow to enter a sub-menu.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, THANKS so much for heading me in that direction. I went back out and kept pushing different arrow buttons on the left side of the Steering wheel and was able to finally reset my Oil chg display.
My problem was I've always kept the Dash display in the Fuel Mileage and have no experience at moving around with the steering wheel (left side) arrow buttons. And pushing the right arrow of the steering wheel was not getting to where I needed for Oil Reset. Evidently in my frustration I was then pushing the Settings button on the right side of the steering wheel which didn't either.
But I finally figured it out (with your input). Apparently (if I got it right)
You hit the left arrow to back out of any current menu.
You hit the up or down arrows to move thru any current menu.
And you hit the right arrow to enter a sub-menu.
Hi RT,

Classic question that is answered in the Owner's manual. Forum is helpful but so is the owner's manual. I spent days getting the Ranger manual right and still failed to be 100% perfect....but pretty close.

Most folks never open up their manual....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Hi RT,

Classic question that is answered in the Owner's manual. Forum is helpful but so is the owner's manual. I spent days getting the Ranger manual right and still failed to be 100% perfect....but pretty close.

Most folks never open up their manual....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I almost always go to the owners manual first but I have a very difficult time ever finding what I'm looking for as the index never seems to have the phrasing that I'm thinking of. It has been this way for me with ANY owners manual. I really dread going into the Harley manual. :)
Sponsored