Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Any drilling involved with the installation of the molded splash guards?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
These look great but it looks like these are no longer available. I’m getting a 404 not found error when I click the link and can’t seem to find out the Ford accessories website, So Bummed it these are no longer available, These are better looking that the other options.,.
Probably just an issue with the ford accessories website. Try tomorrow or just call your local Ford dealers parts department. No way Ford has sold out these mud flaps.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any drilling involved with the installation of the molded splash guards?
Yes, only into the plastic wheel opening trim areas. One on each back flap and three on each front.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
Is the Ford logo only on one side?
You have to have them on at least the front .. the tire sticks out and is not covered by fender .. mud and shit sprays all over the side of the truck .. I had the molded ones put in front last week .. next week doing the rears The

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
You have to have them on at least the front .. the tire sticks out and is not covered by fender .. mud and shit sprays all over the side of the truck .. I had the molded ones put in front last week .. next week doing the rears The
Neither .. just took these pics .. these were just the front ... 120 installed at the dealership ... to further note ... I got my bed sprayed for 500 my dealership usually charges 599.. I said look tge stickers say 495 .. spray it for 5 or I won’t buy the truck ... they sprayed it

B9B50F16-0F1F-49B8-9410-9FAF866B58E1.jpeg

B3CAF2B4-AD3E-4B90-AAA1-DC963A4EC539.jpeg

Kev7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Took 15 minutes to install, I used a 15/64 drill because I couldn't find a good 1/4" one, no drama whatsoever other than my wife asking me why I was drilling holes into a 2 week old truck. :)
I installed my rear ones with just the clips. They seem to be secure, I couldn't bring myself to drill holes in my new truck. I saved the parts until I get the nerve to drill the holes. :) I need to put the front ones on next and see you need to drill three holes. :(

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
getting out the drill, my wife said "umm, what is that for, I know you're not drilling holes in your brand new truck". I said "I'm drilling holes in my brand new truck" it went over well.

That's how they are installed when they come from the factory, and it's just in a plastic piece that already has holes in it, so it doesn't bother me much.

I guess the clips are pretty strong, but I've been in situations on previous vehicles where the splash guards are smashed and crushed, and haven't come off, so I figured I'd duplicate my prior experiences.

Kev7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
getting out the drill, my wife said "umm, what is that for, I know you're not drilling holes in your brand new truck". I said "I'm drilling holes in my brand new truck" it went over well.

That's how they are installed when they come from the factory, and it's just in a plastic piece that already has holes in it, so it doesn't bother me much.

I guess the clips are pretty strong, but I've been in situations on previous vehicles where the splash guards are smashed and crushed, and haven't come off, so I figured I'd duplicate my prior experiences.
I guess I will just have to break out the drill because I really want to install the front ones next. Once I install the front ones it will be easier to go back and drill the holes in the rear ones.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I will just have to break out the drill because I really want to install the front ones next. Once I install the front ones it will be easier to go back and drill the holes in the rear ones.
If you think your driving conditions warrant extra security go ahead, but mine are looking like I just installed after 2 months with the Clips and just the provided screws which required drilling into the wheel arch trim.

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2001 Ford Ranger XLT

My front set arrived. I had to go back and read this post. I almost didn’t install them. I was drill phobic. After reading this conversation and realizing it’s only plastic I went ahead. You need them. A lot of liquids and other road debris spray onto the truck.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Appears they are on national back order now.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase