2019 Ford Ranger battery dies after Radio install.

OP
OP
Danny_mata21

Danny_mata21

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Military
you got more balls than me.
ive always felt that aftermarket stuff can and will out perform stock audio/visual equipment.
but i never felt the need to change out something personally. stock meets my needs about 95% of the time.
so i got curious and checked out what you are installing.....and this came up....and i applaud you for making the effort, but thats just enough to make me turn turtle and not try this....

1609711437995.png
I got everything working the way it’s supposed to, there is just one or two connections that are causing the power draw. Metra makes the dash kits now and they fit perfectly. I have a friend who has the same truck as me and install the pioneer with no issues. I’m thinking it might be something with the Alpine harness that Crutchfield gave me with the radio. I’m taking a look at the wiring again to just double check everything. I’m too close to turn back now! Haha! My stubbornness will get the best of me.
Sponsored

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I got everything working the way it’s supposed to, there is just one or two connections that are causing the power draw. Metra makes the dash kits now and they fit perfectly. I have a friend who has the same truck as me and install the pioneer with no issues. I’m thinking it might be something with the Alpine harness that Crutchfield gave me with the radio. I’m taking a look at the wiring again to just double check everything. I’m too close to turn back now! Haha! My stubbornness will get the best of me.
Have you contacted crutchfield? They are pretty knowledgeable and have great CS