12m / 12,000 warranty for rattles?

DentonB

First Name
Denton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ram 4x4 Cummins), 2015 Audi A3 convertible
Called this morning about the tail light recall and to have a rattle from the overhead console looked at. I was told that the rattle was only covered for 12m of 12k which I have never heard of. I looked in my manual and online and don't see this mentioned anywhere. Before I call again, has anyone ever heard this?
Sponsored

David J Appel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
My truck has a bunch of rattles. Drives me nuts. They fixed some of them under warranty (including the dash rattle) It's quiet on the highway but the back roads especially when its cold......too much rattle for a truck with 6,000 miles. My experience with the dealership has been excellent so far. Was planning on keeping the truck for a while but don't know if I can take the rattles for that long.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Called this morning about the tail light recall and to have a rattle from the overhead console looked at. I was told that the rattle was only covered for 12m of 12k which I have never heard of. I looked in my manual and online and don't see this mentioned anywhere. Before I call again, has anyone ever heard this?
I just read my 2020's warranty coverage guide and cannot find anything to validate what your dealer is stating.
Sounds like they are making up their own rules, I'd ask them to show me where such an oddity exists in the warranty guide.

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
That's not a thing. If you send me your VIN I can take a screenshot of all your warranty coverage.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Nope, it's 3/36 bumper to bumper per Ford. Take it to a different stealership ASAP. Any stealership that told me that would never take a look at my vehicle period. You should be able to find this listed on your original window sticker.
Sponsored