repair or replace 2019 XL bumper?

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX 2wd SuperCab, 2002 GMC Sierra
On my new-to-me used 2019 Ranger XL, it came with a few rips in the bumper cover that I would like to fix. That would mean either replacing the bumper cover or the entire thing. I'm happy with stock and don't really have a desire to change to an OEM one, unless is makes sense financially. I can get a new cover from Ford for $125, which isn't too bad. I am looking for some advice on a few things-

1. has anyone replaced just the cover? I have scoured the internet for a video of this procedure, but haven't been able to locate one. Any suggestions? is this a hard job?
2. has anyone on this site (in NC, hopefully) replaced their stock bumper with another one and want to sell theirs?
3. or would you suggest a different path? Is there a different bumper I should put on that isn't too expensive?

Thanks.

Bumper 2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a new bumper cover from Ford. I figured that any other options would cost me more than the $125 it cost me to do this. I'll post some before/after pics after I'm done with the install. Let's hope there isn't too much damage to the metal underneath.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Once you get the bumper cover off, and you don't have to be gentle either, it will literally be a snap to install the new piece. You'll see what I mean by looking at the new part.
You made the right choice.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I just ordered a new bumper cover from Ford. I figured that any other options would cost me more than the $125 it cost me to do this. I'll post some before/after pics after I'm done with the install. Let's hope there isn't too much damage to the metal underneath.
This will help, go to page 5..

Attachments

OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This will help, go to page 5..
The new bumper cover came in yesterday and I did the install after dinner. You guys were right- it was super easy. I had to take my hammer to one part of the metal that was sticking up, but that took a minute and the cover snapped in place very quickly. I'll take a picture when I go out later and post it here.

OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing that I have noticed with these repairs/mods on my Ranger-
I have been spending the last 6 months working on a motorcycle build and everything is difficult to get to, there is never enough room for my hands, and nothing is easy. These things on the truck (bumper cover, nerf bars, trailer hitch, letters on front and back, floor mats, the legendary tailgate damper, so far) seem to be so much easier by comparison. It makes me want to do more stuff on it. Maybe I'll post pics of all of the improvements later

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Like it never even happened. Watch your shins... OUCH!
Sponsored