Rear locker on 2wd?

zrd

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Mine takes about a half second or second long press, and you have to be going under 20-25mph, once it's on, you'll see a "driveline" in orange-ish with an X where the rear diff would be. The driveline will disappear when you go too fast, and reappear when you go slow again.
Thanks !!! (Sorry for the slightly OT post)
I will try today with a longer press on the button. I have a hill climb planned for this Saturday and want to familiarize myself with the controls. I have read and seen videos but I have no idea if I will eventually use 4L, Terrain Mode Gravel, or Rear Lock on/off.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I'd do trail control with locker on, if the hill is steep or overly rutted 4Lo.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

How do you get it to engage? I have pushed the button and nothing happens. I have tried different speeds.
Funny, but I’ve been trying and expecting the button to light up orange, when in fact it’s an orange icon in the Left screen on my Lariat Dash! All the times I was trying and looking at the button as I pushed it. Today I tried it again and thinking it hadn’t engaged and then saw the Orange Icon on the Dash. Oh well, now I know it’s working!

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Funny, but I’ve been trying and expecting the button to light up orange, when in fact it’s an orange icon in the Left screen on my Lariat Dash! All the times I was trying and looking at the button as I pushed it. Today I tried it again and thinking it hadn’t engaged and then saw the Orange Icon on the Dash. Oh well, now I know it’s working!
I had to show my salesman where the rear locker light was. He kept looking at the button.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
That's the same thing as on my tow haul mode. (STX)

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I had to show my salesman where the rear locker light was. He kept looking at the button.
Yeah, since the auto-stop button lights up rightj next to the Locker button, I was expecting the same thing on the Locker button!
Sponsored