Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations to @Radioman, @fast40s and @Nutty 5.0 who all took delivery of their Rangers in December!

I added @Texasota and @07XLT to the list.

I updated @caprtaineddie on the list.
I've actually just learned today from my dealer that my truck is scheduled for the week of February 23. Prodding for a VIN now. Am I correct to assume that the VIN would be known in order to have a schedule date? I'll do some searching as this has certainly been established from '19 orders.
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I've actually just learned today from my dealer that my truck is scheduled for the week of February 23. Prodding for a VIN now. I am I correct to assume that the VIN would be known in order to have a schedule date?
You are absolutely correct, the VIN is assigned to the vehicle, then it is scheduled for it's "blend" (assembly) date. In my case, the VIN was assigned then, 3 days later the window sticker became available.
I've attached a snippet of my sticker which shows the blend date of 11/25/19, (yes, it's a Monday truck...sigh).
The Ford vehicle tracking website provides general info on your build and it's status, it's not very detailed, but kudos to Ford for at least providing this 411.
Post your window sticker here once you receive it if you care to, most forum members here are really interested in others builds.
If it's any consolation, I placed my order for my 2020 S/Cab on 8/20/19 and have yet to receive it, the scheduling took some time because Ford was tooling up for the '20 models. Supposedly the truck is loaded onto a rollon-rolloff ship departing San Diego, CA tomorrow and arriving here in Honolulu on the 13th., it's last leg of an almost 5K mile transit from Michigan Assy.
Now that the '20's production is in full swing, your wait should be a lot less than mine, you're located practically a stones throw from MI.
Keep us posted, excited for you bud...

blend.png

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

ChuckT

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Building Manager
It looks great in red! Did it come with 4 or 6 cargo tie downs? Funny how that’s one of the new model year concerns! :crackup:
I finally made a count as I am looking for options. The Ranger I received only had 4 tie downs. This was similar to my 2017 Ford F150. I don't remember in all the F150 pickup trucks that I have leased or owned that I have had more than 4 tie-downs.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I finally made a count as I am looking for options. The Ranger I received only had 4 tie downs. This was similar to my 2017 Ford F150. I don't remember in all the F150 pickup trucks that I have leased or owned that I have had more than 4 tie-downs.
Now that's what I call RED, is that what Ford calls "Race Red"?
I'm with you on the bed tie-downs, all my previous pickups have had just 4 and I made do with them.
I'll just have the spray bedliner guys here locally coat over the open threaded holes.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
:) Got my VIN today and my dealer says the build is scheduled for the week of February 24th. Yet another February birth for our family!

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
:) Got my VIN today (1FTER4FH0LLA26729) and my dealer says the build is scheduled for the week of February 24th. Yet another February birth for our family!
Good news!
Share your window sticker, once it becomes available with us if you please.
Not to burst your bubble, but I ordered my 2020 last August, it was built on Nov. 25th, and as I am writing this it is being trucked from Honolulu Harbor to my dealer, it's been a long time coming.
Of course, you'll receive your build much quicker...

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
:) Got my VIN today (1FTER4FH0LLA26729) and my dealer says the build is scheduled for the week of February 24th. Yet another February birth for our family!
Sounds like mine will roll off right behind yours!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sounds like mine will roll off right behind yours!
I gotta admire your optimism, but my 2020 was assembled on November 25, 2019, and has been in transit to my location ever since
Today's date is 1/14/20, the vehicle is on the island, it's not yet in my possession, however.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I gotta admire your optimism, but my 2020 was assembled on November 25, 2019, and has been in transit to my location ever since
Today's date is 1/14/20, the vehicle is on the island, it's not yet in my possession, however.
I hope you get it really soon. My truck is supposed to be built next Thursday (23rd) and I figure it'll take three or four days to be loaded onto a truck headed this way.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I hope you get it really soon. My truck is supposed to be built next Thursday (23rd) and I figure it'll take three or four days to be loaded onto a truck headed this way.
Indeed, since my order was placed just after Ford started to accept 2020 orders back in August actual production did not begin till mid to late November.
Understandably, dealer stock orders took precedence over retail orders such as mine, now that production of 2020's is in full swing, your truck should be assembled and delivered much quicker than mine. You can verify your production date once you have your window sticker, check back with me and I'll show you how

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Does the window sticker show up on the Ford tracking website?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does the window sticker show up on the Ford tracking website?
Yes, mine became available on that site a couple of days before the blend (assembly) date, yours maybe sooner.
I took the liberty of researching your build, according to that site your order is still "in processing", your dealer has access to a much better tracking site, I made a pest of myself in requesting updated 411 on my build as soon as it became available from them.
I see yours is a white S/Crew 4x4...purdy...lol

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Indeed, since my order was placed just after Ford started to accept 2020 orders back in August actual production did not begin till mid to late November.
Understandably, dealer stock orders took precedence over retail orders such as mine, now that production of 2020's is in full swing, your truck should be assembled and delivered much quicker than mine. You can verify your production date once you have your window sticker, check back with me and I'll show you how
Thanks for the offer, but I've been accessing that for a while now. It shows the blend date, but doesn't show to be in production yet.
Sponsored