Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on this? Burger makes some amazing products that I use on my other cars.

I went ahead and tuned my own Ranger with HPTuners, but I have a Burger Motorsports methanol injection kit I'd like to add too.

Oradank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Any update on this? Burger makes some amazing products that I use on my other cars.

I went ahead and tuned my own Ranger with HPTuners, but I have a Burger Motorsports methanol injection kit I'd like to add too.
I just recieved a finalized jb4 system today, gunna be sending them logs and fine tuning everything now, how is hptuner?

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The JB4 is super easy to use and install. I’ve put them on and off, in about 15 minutes each way.

Does your setup have Fuel Control wires too? And are you doing custom mapping through a USB?

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I just recieved a finalized jb4 system today, gunna be sending them logs and fine tuning everything now, how is hptuner?
HPTuners is by far more comprehensive and robust than the JB4. But you can’t beat the JB4 simplicity if you aren’t able to do tuning completely on your own.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Hptuners, Is it a plug in tune or ECU tune? JB4 can be adjusted and normally have several levels. Robust? Electronics in JB4 do well. Robust engine? JB4 is normally very safe. Those who push upper limits can get engine fault but these are guys pushing the edge.

JB4 thread so would be nice to stay on subject.

OP, is JB4 using your pictures to develop DIY install info? Need an over view showing all hookup points. Step by step helps.

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hptuners, Is it a plug in tune or ECU tune? JB4 can be adjusted and normally have several levels. Robust? Electronics in JB4 do well. Robust engine? JB4 is normally very safe. Those who push upper limits can get engine fault but these are guys pushing the edge.

JB4 thread so would be nice to stay on subject.
I’m well aware of the JB4. I own one in my Kia Stinger GT. I even Wrote a custom map for it that I run that car on.

What I meant by robust is the amount of tables and settings that can be modified with a full ECU rewrite.

For the Ecoboost though you aren’t going to be able to remove all of the torque limiters (there’s dozens of them) that would otherwise allow you to hit higher torque levels/boost levels. For that you would need to be able to write an ECU and TCM tune.

The upside to the JB4 is that they usually build in failsafes that disable their tune if bad conditions are detected. You won’t get that courtesy from an ECU tune. So there’s pluses and minuses in both directions no matter which route you go.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Agree, good info.
JB4 being piggy back module also does not flash ECU. For those of us who still want a chance to keep warranty. As you stated nothing like a flash tune. Options options.

CharChar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
So exciting! How much extra boost do you expect on the regular map.
Thanks so much for the updates.

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
How do I get my hands on one?

2.3l Mustang claims 60hp 100tq...

OP
OP
FlRanger

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So exciting! How much extra boost do you expect on the regular map.
Thanks so much for the updates.
If this module is like the maps on other cars the base maps tend to be 4-5psi over stock.

considering that stock we only hit about 14 psi this could help it get to around 18-19psi. As long as they don’t run into other Torque and airflow limiters in the ECU while doing it.

The trouble may come from the ECU that has very strict safety controls for Turbo Inlet Pressure, Exhaust Temperature, etc. As well as fueling and other tables based on observed airload and calculated torque. When it senses power being achieved over its desired mapped points, or safety values being surpassed it counteracts the power by closing the throttle and therefor decreasing the demanded torque output (and subsequent boost pressure) from the engine.

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Still in development
I talked to them via email and they said “Hope to have BETA systems ready soon”. Hoping this means before Christmas; I’m trying to get ahold of one as a gift for myself!

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
If this module is like the maps on other cars the base maps tend to be 4-5psi over stock.

considering that stock we only hit about 14 psi this could help it get to around 18-19psi. As long as they don’t run into other Torque and airflow limiters in the ECU while doing it.

The trouble may come from the ECU that has very strict safety controls for Turbo Inlet Pressure, Exhaust Temperature, etc. As well as fueling and other tables based on observed airload and calculated torque. When it senses power being achieved over its desired mapped points, or safety values being surpassed it counteracts the power by closing the throttle and therefor decreasing the demanded torque output (and subsequent boost pressure) from the engine.
I tend to see 18-19psi on mine in stock configuration. This is on low octane fuel and @ 5,200ft elevation, reading from an auto agent 2. Not trying to disagree, but curious if there is maybe a different PSI sensor that the auto agent is pulling from? I've pulled up MAP and it tends to follow based on atmospheric pressure to match up to 20psi spikes.

0D21C6AB-8D70-4944-A7F7-C4459EEA5A9F.png
Sponsored