JB4 Tune (Burger Motorsports)

Juggar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Software development.
SUPER LAME!!! ONLY for track use...NOT for sale is CALIFORNIA.

WTH is wrong with California? Cant get jack here. So frusterated with the government micro management.
No one is stopping you from using it dude.

100% of folks are running these on public roads when they should not be, but no one cares.

They just say that about Cali cause of the Carb certification BS.

Just take it off before you get smogged or whatever inspection it is that they do.

Doesn't matter if you are form Cali or NC, the law is the same federally.
Sponsored

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
No one is stopping you from using it dude.

100% of folks are running these on public roads when they should not be, but no one cares.

They just say that about Cali cause of the Carb certification BS.

Just take it off before you get smogged or whatever inspection it is that they do.

Doesn't matter if you are form Cali or NC, the law is the same federally.
Most the time places wont even sell to CA. When im ready Ill try to purchase and see what they say.

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer

WTH is wrong with California? Cant get jack here. So frusterated with the government micro management.
Have another forum member order and forward.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, Lightning Blue, 302a, Technology Package, Sport Appearance Package, Bed liner, Tow package
Occupation
Control Systems Engineer
What fuel type is the JB4 tuned for? I can only get 91 octane here in Colorado, I haven't ever seen 93 out here.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
What fuel type is the JB4 tuned for? I can only get 91 octane here in Colorado, I haven't ever seen 93 out here.
You can tune it for any octane.

I received the revised tune but they forgot to send my Bluetooth hookup and I don’t want to run the BETA tune without being able to read the cars stats and adjust accordingly.
I might get curious though.... stay “tuned” lol

Reactions: Doc

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer

From their sale site.

ge power increases with unparalleled power delivery.

The JB4 includes multiple maps including those for 91 octane, 93 octane, factory tuning, VALET mode, E85 mixtures, and unleaded race gas. In addition it offers boost by gear settings to improve launches, the ability to read and delete fault codes, and much more. The JB4 is made in the USA and includes a 5 year warranty.

Reactions: Doc

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
OP,

On the MK7 Golf forum the owner/developer of JB4 posted a lot and answered questions directory with members. Helped sales a good bit.
Would he join the Ranger 5G group?
Might be good for a different group if they got to know him.

Also, on a Golf the JB4 module only affected ECU controls.
The TCU or transmission was not affected. Is this the same on the Ranger unit? I have a feeling yes.
Please ask owner to join us if you can.

I think this is him.
I will also send an email.

VW & Audi: For all sales inquiries and support for VW & Audi models contact:
[email protected]

Juggar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Software development.
OP,

On the MK7 Golf forum the owner/developer of JB4 posted a lot and answered questions directory with members. Helped sales a good bit.
Would he join the Ranger 5G group?
Might be good for a different group if they got to know him.

Also, on a Golf the JB4 module only affected ECU controls.
The TCU or transmission was not affected. Is this the same on the Ranger unit? I have a feeling yes.
Please ask owner to join us if you can.

I think this is him.
I will also send an email.

VW & Audi: For all sales inquiries and support for VW & Audi models contact:
[email protected]
The JB4 has nothing to do with shifting, which is why the JB4's acceleration testing does not compare favorably to actual tunes. You can look on the JB4 website, its making more power but its not making the best of it.

Terry@BMS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 Raptor, 2018 F150
Occupation
Tuner
Hey guys, happy to help answer any questions we can! The JB4 isn't going to be for everyone but when you consider the cost, ease of install, resale value, and it's ability to be removed without a trace (unlike flash maps), it's a very compelling option.

Terry@BMS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tuner
The JB4 has nothing to do with shifting, which is why the JB4's acceleration testing does not compare favorably to actual tunes. You can look on the JB4 website, its making more power but its not making the best of it.
Keep in mind the before and after times on our site were using a customers RWD truck on pump gas. We weren't about to beat the crap out of his truck to get some numbers. The gains were solid. We've had other RWD customers report 5.7s 0-60 times.

As for the transmission we don't change the shift points but based on our dyno work they are pretty well mapped out for the higher power/torque levels. And the JB4 also gives you user adjustable boost by gear to lower boost in 1st gear to help with those RWD launches!

I have no doubt a good AWD setup on E30 could get in the 4s range with the JB4 maxed out.

attachment.jpg

Terry@BMS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tuner

Our Raptor JB4 is CARB approved but the Ranger is not yet CARB approved. With the virus mucking everything up here who knows how long it will take. It's basically the same system but you have to test every model vehicle for them.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Hey guys, happy to help answer any questions we can! The JB4 isn't going to be for everyone but when you consider the cost, ease of install, resale value, and it's ability to be removed without a trace (unlike flash maps), it's a very compelling option.
Terry,

Thanks for joining in the Forum.
I think with your help a new turbo family can learn about your product.

The mention of resale value is a good point.
This forum could be different but on the Golf forum JB4 units resell 2-3 years later for around $300. People who lease vehicles like the unit as there is no record of use and for $100 to $200 one can add performance over a 3 year ownership. The unit can be plug and play or a hands on guy can make adjustments and collect logs. JB4 will also help review data logs and help with suggestions. I have read for years their great support on forums. No kickbacks here just sharing info. I did Finnally purchase my first unit for the Ranger and it will be on the way. My GTI ran a similar Neuspeed Power Module for a few years then sold and replace with Unitronic tune.

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Our Raptor JB4 is CARB approved but the Ranger is not yet CARB approved. With the virus mucking everything up here who knows how long it will take. It's basically the same system but you have to test every model vehicle for them.
Thank you and hopefully it becomes CARB compliant at some point I am waiting because so I can get wheels and tires first then get a tune that will let me adjust for that. I am in no rush at this point and time.
Sponsored