Ford Tough? My turn . . .

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
Two lanes heading east in Cottage City, typical rush hour out of DC. Right lane stopped, left lane clear. Infiniti exits the shopping center and squeezes between two cars in the right lane and darts out to cross the left lane. Stop light at the top of the hill, so I've slowed down - then see the little bugger, jam on the brakes, and veer left. Still managed to smack his left front with my right front. Due to the Ranger's height and steel bumper, I've got a slight bend on the bumper and some debris above it. Can't really tell it's been damaged unless you compare it to the other side. The low slung, plastic Infiniti will be out of commission for quite a while. I was so PO'd, I didn't even talk to the guy. Copied his insurance card, took pics of the damage, his plate, and him. Came home and reported it. Can't wait to see the estimate and how insurance handles it. Know it's going to be a PIA.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
That sucks, hopefully everything gets sorted out without too much hassle!

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Dang, a lot of accidents lately. At least nobody hurt.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Two lanes heading east in Cottage City, typical rush hour out of DC. Right lane stopped, left lane clear. Infiniti exits the shopping center and squeezes between two cars in the right lane and darts out to cross the left lane. Stop light at the top of the hill, so I've slowed down - then see the little bugger, jam on the brakes, and veer left. Still managed to smack his left front with my right front. Due to the Ranger's height and steel bumper, I've got a slight bend on the bumper and some debris above it. Can't really tell it's been damaged unless you compare it to the other side. The low slung, plastic Infiniti will be out of commission for quite a while. I was so PO'd, I didn't even talk to the guy. Copied his insurance card, took pics of the damage, his plate, and him. Came home and reported it. Can't wait to see the estimate and how insurance handles it. Know it's going to be a PIA.
Hi Mikchael,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope things workout quickly for you. Glad no one was hurt. Idiots abound and you got caught out with no where to go. Sucks for sure.

Good luck!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Do you have a dash cam? I tell everyone to get one, those things will save you alot of trouble explaining situations. I know that sucks, even when its clearly someones fault and their insurance will pay, it still sucks.

Last edited:

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Rangers are tough! Sorry to hear that your's got bent. I hope you get it sorted out.

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a dash cam? I tell everyone to get one, those things will save you alot of trouble explaining situations. I know that sucks, even when its clearly someones fault and their insurance will pay, it still sucks.
Just picked one up on Black Friday for situations like this.

Both insurance companies will probably claim no fault and unless you have comprehensive, neither will pay out. In my experience, unless the police come to the site of the accident and they determine fault, or you have dash cam footage, insurance companies push for a "no fault" ruling so that they can refuse a claim.

OP
OP
Lone

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
Put the claim in a talked to an advisor. After a long series of questions, was told it appears to be a clear case of not me. They'll work to get coverage from his policy. Also, took LONE to the shop for an estimate. Bumper is the big item at $990. Bunch of other stuff and refinishing brings it to a total of $1729. LONE goes in the shop on Monday for 2 or 3 days. Stand by for further updates.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked one up on Black Friday for situations like this.

Both insurance companies will probably claim no fault and unless you have comprehensive, neither will pay out. In my experience, unless the police come to the site of the accident and they determine fault, or you have dash cam footage, insurance companies push for a "no fault" ruling so that they can refuse a claim.
No fault doesn't mean no pay out. It normaly means each pays for their own damage.

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
No fault doesn't mean no pay out. It normaly means each pays for their own damage.
Which means they only pay if you have comprehensive.

Liability doesn't cover any damage to your car, it only covers damage you cause to other people's cars.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
The collision portion covers it. Comprehensive doesn't applie to a collision, it is for theft, vandalism, etc.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Which means they only pay if you have comprehensive.

Liability doesn't cover any damage to your car, it only covers damage you cause to other people's cars.
Well duh!

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Yes, I miss my truck a lot while it’s off getting fixed. However, there’s really nothing to be gained by being pissed and leaving the scene without a police report. IMO that might very well cost you you’re deductible. I chatted with the guy that hit me for quite a while, he was a cool dude. Not like he wanted to wreck his car but shit happens.
Sponsored