Lone

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
The general advice I've received from the police is that if there is not personal injury, just exchange insurance information. The individual may not have wanted to wreck his vehicle, but he did not do anything to prevent the wreck. He had ample time to react and stop, but I don't think he was even looking in my direction. I jammed on the brakes and swerved - he just kept on coming across the roadway. I was in no mood to stop and chat and make a new friend.
Sponsored

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Do you have a dash cam? I tell everyone to get one, those things will save you alot of trouble explaining situations. I know that sucks, even when its clearly someones fault and their insurance will pay, it still sucks.
so true dash cams are a wonderful investment. I got one at walmart for 20 bucks it stays attatched to the windshield and records in a loop at 720p which is plenty good enough for me.
my worst nightmare when it comes to driving is getting in an accident because of someone else. I grew up on a farm driving trucks and tractors at 5 yrs old so i trust my own driving for the most part but some people i don't know how they even got their license!
Funny story when I was 5 my uncle would drive the truck along the fence line and throw hay off every 20 ft or there abouts and it just happened his 84 f250 would catch the throttle cable with the shift linkage if you went down past drive into 2 or 1. I was too little to reach the pedals so he would stand on back and I would put it in 2nd and kneel on the seat and steer. It was just a short little stretch on straight flat ground but man did I think I was hot shit lol. worst part is if you put it in 1st it went from just tugging on the throttle cable to about half throttle lol I only ,made that mistake once and my uncle about tumbled off the back of the truck.

Last edited:

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
"i trust my own driving for the most part but some people i don't know how they even got their license!"

best part of life, is those very same people say the same thing.
I ask a room full of people “How many of you think you are a good driver.” Nearly everyone raises their hand. I then tell them statistically half you you are wrong.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yes, I miss my truck a lot while it’s off getting fixed. However, there’s really nothing to be gained by being pissed and leaving the scene without a police report. IMO that might very well cost you you’re deductible. I chatted with the guy that hit me for quite a while, he was a cool dude. Not like he wanted to wreck his car but shit happens.
Most police departments in my experience won't issue a police report for minor property damage. Nothing's worse than being in a collision with someone hysterically demanding a police report, refusing to move out of the traffic lane (so the CSI boys can come and do forensics, I suppose?) and making everyone stick around until a cop comes to explain that none of that is going to happen.

OP
OP
Lone

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
. . . making everyone stick around until a cop comes to explain that none of that is going to happen.
The accident was right in front of an IHOP and not one crossed the street. I guess they were all at the new Dunkin' Donut.

Colin Stuffmann

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Rangers are tough! Sorry to hear that your's got bent. I hope you get it sorted out.
One weak point on the ranger is the upper a arm and bolt. Truck has now been hit twice on left front and both times the a arm bent a long with the bolt pushing the wheel back 5/8”.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
One weak point on the ranger is the upper a arm and bolt. Truck has now been hit twice on left front and both times the a arm bent a long with the bolt pushing the wheel back 5/8”.
It is possible (I'm just guessing) that A-arm might be a part engineered to bend instead of bending other suspension parts. The weak link so to speak.

Colin Stuffmann

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
It is possible (I'm just guessing) that A-arm might be a part engineered to bend instead of bending other suspension parts. The weak link so to speak.
Your probably right. I rather have a arm bend than the spring/ a arm mounting bucket

Hibtacer

First Name
Ste6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
What I understand no fault to be, is part of the medical coverage, personal injury protection.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The upper a-arms are made from aluminum and while they are probably quite strong a good built steel one would be better. I forget the brand but one of the companies making lift kits has some nice steel upper a-arms in the kit.

Colin Stuffmann

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Fordrangerlifts will be making billet aluminum uppers as well as steel boxed uppers.
Sponsored