Topper Shell

Peas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
These pictures are awesome !

I'm expecting my A.R.E. Z2 in soon and I'm very impressed how these look on your trucks.

I added the roof rails and the lock programmed to my keys. I have two swing cases and a bed rug waiting at home for the topper to be installed first. I want to keep everything clean and new before I install the rug and swing cases.

A few more weeks and everything should be installed.

Lastly, I have a few questions about the topper.

1. Does anyone know the weight of the A.R.E. Z2 topper? I'm hoping it settles the back a little and lowers the rake.
2. Can anyone comment on the mpg hit - if any - after the topper is installed?

Did I ever tell you all how much I love this truck?
My ARE Overland topper lowered the back end by 1/2 inch at the most.
Sponsored

KTranger

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Leer 100RCC went on Friday. No real difference to the rake. Going to do the drawers, shelves, battery and fridge before I decide to level or lift. Only complaint is that this line can't connect to the auto lock system like some of the non commercial lines can.

20190914_163630.jpg

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great Cody! What width did you go with for the crossbars? I'll be mounting my Yakima mega warrior basket from my old Sport Trac. And... since my dealer did not know, what was the part number for the "landing pads"? TIA!
50" bars from what I measured

Deleted member 1634

The more I look at all of your topper ridden trucks, the more I think I want to move in that direction. I had originally felt that a topper wouldn't look good on the Ranger (some trucks look good, some don't in my opinion), especially since I have a Saber one, which is a bold color to begin with, and adding more of that color might be too much. But I'm starting to turn around. Only problem is that I'm already well down the tonneau path. I could try and sell the tonneau, but that seems difficult given how few Rangers there are and how unique my cover is (Truxedo Deuce). I was considering a bed rack, but (1) I can't find one that works with my cover anyways and (2) why not make it a fully enclosed space if I'm going to put something on top of the bed. Anyways, I guess I don't have any questions really, just trying to figure out what to do.

Snowdigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
The more I look at all of your topper ridden trucks, the more I think I want to move in that direction. I had originally felt that a topper wouldn't look good on the Ranger (some trucks look good, some don't in my opinion), especially since I have a Saber one, which is a bold color to begin with, and adding more of that color might be too much. But I'm starting to turn around. Only problem is that I'm already well down the tonneau path. I could try and sell the tonneau, but that seems difficult given how few Rangers there are and how unique my cover is (Truxedo Deuce). I was considering a bed rack, but (1) I can't find one that works with my cover anyways and (2) why not make it a fully enclosed space if I'm going to put something on top of the bed. Anyways, I guess I don't have any questions really, just trying to figure out what to do.
I had similar concerns as you about color "overload" and I have a less bold color (silver). At least from my perspective, my concern was misplaced. Love my Leer and believe it actually enhances the overall look (along with rack system) of the truck. Not particularly helpful I know, just throwing some support your way.

OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
@the1mrb I've got pics a few pages up in this thread of a Saber with a topper if you're wanting to see what they look like

Deleted member 1634

@the1mrb I've got pics a few pages up in this thread of a Saber with a topper if you're wanting to see what they look like
I think yours was the one that started to turn me on to toppers. I saw a couple pics of it somewhere else and thought "well geez, that actually looks pretty good, maybe a Saber can pull off a color match topper!" So thanks for leading the pack and being a tester. haha

I think my next issue is going to be convincing the wife that we need to try and sell off the tonneau and bed bag, and buy a topper instead. She's never been too keen on them. And I've already spent more money than she would like modding the truck anyways. haha So I have a feeling it'll be a hard sell. Might have to wait until next summer anyways, since my winter truck budget will likely end up going towards snow (or at least more aggressive A/T) tires so we can handle our winter escapades.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 1634

ARE Overland topper installed today. Great quality. Love the look of the bedliner on the edges. Color match is spot on.

9A72DE16-DD08-45B7-A7D5-A88F55096BC0.jpeg

5D0A823C-F4A9-4F5E-9E38-B4B0A18F48C0.jpeg

055B1D67-06F8-40C8-8A81-B65BBB248A79.jpeg
Any particular reason for going with the Overland edition? Looks? Function? Strength? Any reason you went with the Overland, which just has the stripe of bedliner, vs adding the OTR full coating to any of the editions? I like the idea of the bedliner coating, just wondering what your reasoning was and also if it'll look weird on a Saber Ranger (either the Overland stripe or the full OTR coating).

Peas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Any particular reason for going with the Overland edition? Looks? Function? Strength? Any reason you went with the Overland, which just has the stripe of bedliner, vs adding the OTR full coating to any of the editions? I like the idea of the bedliner coating, just wondering what your reasoning was and also if it'll look weird on a Saber Ranger (either the Overland stripe or the full OTR coating).
I liked the look primarily. They claim it’s stronger but I’m not sure how to quantify how much stronger.

Deleted member 1634

I liked the look primarily. They claim it’s stronger but I’m not sure how to quantify how much stronger.
Yeah, I'd imagine there is some added strength there, but whether or not it is noticeable or not.

I do like the look of it on your truck! It goes good with the blue. And the more I think about it, it may go good with the orange as well. But I'm not sure I can get the options I may want (interior side window storage box thing) with that model.

Thanks for the info!

Stephen Abbene

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.notion.so
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4 xlt, 1988 ford ranger 4x4 xlt
That looks great. Thanks for sharing it. You just sold me on the overland topper. I wasn’t sure how the black strip would look on the truck, but it looks good.