How long would you wait?

TonkaFX4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I have finally decided I want to purchase a Ranger.Looking to get the best deal but still have a little bit of choice.There are a few dealers new by that are offering 6000 off some early models.How long would you wait?Sept,Oct ...Later ?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If you find something you like, I'd snatch it up. Labor day sales might be good as well. As the year goes on, the incentives will probably increase, but they are still producing the 2019 until November, so they will be making the 2019s longer than normal.

Not sure what you mean by "early models" - this is the first year and other than the addition of the black package they haven't made any changes since they started producing them. You mean the dealer has had them on the lot for a while?

OP
OP

TonkaFX4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
If you find something you like, I'd snatch it up. Labor day sales might be good as well. As the year goes on, the incentives will probably increase, but they are still producing the 2019 until November, so they will be making the 2019s longer than normal.

Not sure what you mean by "early models" - this is the first year and other than the addition of the black package they haven't made any changes since they started producing them. You mean the dealer has had them on the lot for a while?
Right,like in produced in January,February,March etc

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have finally decided I want to purchase a Ranger.Looking to get the best deal but still have a little bit of choice.There are a few dealers new by that are offering 6000 off some early models.How long would you wait?Sept,Oct ...Later ?
personally? If I saw a truck I liked, I would buy it. 6k is good enough.
whats another 500 or 1K going to really mean after 5-10 years?

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
6k off sticker is great! Go for it. When 2020s come out dealers will not part with them for that until this time next year.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
How long would I wait?
How about 1.5 years.........

Well I have been wanting to buy one since they were announced back in late 2018.
Had some debts to pay off first. Didn't want to be running 2 loans.
That is gone now but I am still going to wait until early spring to order as that is when the best rebates and incentives seem to be.
The extra wait has got me the FX2 package.

Lariat Supercab in White Platinum, 500a, tech package, tow package and the FX2 package

Stanhale

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Curiorious about this as well. I want to buy a ranger but could wait a year if needed to get the best deal. I've seen 3000 off MSRP but wonder if they will be better around November once the 2019s become leftovers. If I wait long enough I wonder if I could even get some light used Rangers. I'd love to hear the forums thoughts about waiting to purchase...

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I would not wait, These couple months should see rocking deals on the Ranger. IF you can get $5000 - $6000 off MSRP AND the truck is what you would have ordered Go for it,.We early adopters did not see the discounts that are relevant today. I think Ford wants to go after Tacoma. Ford beat them with the 4th Gen Looking at the "new" Tacoma all I see is the same truck made for ten years. Toyota will sell every truck they make now but in a few years, there will be hundreds of 3rd Gen Tacomas on the used lots. They sell 74K in a quarter, All those sales will bring down the prices for used trucks.
Sponsored