Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from an epic cross-country road trip in my FX4 Ranger XLT. Saw some amazing things, did some amazing things. From 117 degrees in Vegas to 48 degrees in the mountains of Nevada. Through it all, the ranger Killed It! Some sample pics to follow. Odometer pic attached.

Odometer.jpg
Sponsored

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Clever title pulled me in. Great MPG!

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
You averaged 56.5 mph.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew
When you did the math on your fuel receipts vs the Trip meter how did it actually do? 24.3 mpg is admittedly impressive, but i find that the onboard fuel calculations are a few mpg better then the actual fuel burn.

Of all the vehicles Ive owned with an onboard fuel economy calculator, I never never seen one that actually read honestly. They always seem to read better then actual conditions. Funny....

OP
OP
Ranger305

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
You averaged 56.5 mph.
Indeed. When I drove between points of interest; I DROVE. As you would imagine, any trip from Florida to California and back to Florida would be dominated by long stretches of 75-85 mph - especially during the trip out and the trip back.

OP
OP
Ranger305

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
When you did the math on your fuel receipts vs the Trip meter how did it actually do? 24.3 mpg is admittedly impressive, but i find that the onboard fuel calculations are a few mpg better then the actual fuel burn.

Of all the vehicles Ive owned with an onboard fuel economy calculator, I never never seen one that actually read honestly. They always seem to read better then actual conditions. Funny....
Good question. I stopped comparing the 'receipt math' with the actual ECU math when, on the trip out, they only seemed to be about .6 to .8 mpg off. I was pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP
Ranger305

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Oooooops. Sorry. Don't know why, or more precisely, how I posted the pics twice.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I'm jelly! Seems like an awesome trip to make in the Ranger :D

Meanwhile I remain driving circles on this island lol

OP
OP
Ranger305

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I'm jelly! Seems like an awesome trip to make in the Ranger :D

Meanwhile I remain driving circles on this island lol
Haha, there are worse places to be stuck, svache. lol It was great fun interspersed with many hours of monotonous driving through endless cornfields of the mid west. Good and bad, but mostly good.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, there are worse places to be stuck, svache. lol It was great fun interspersed with many hours of monotonous driving through endless cornfields of the mid west. Good and bad, but mostly good.
lol I know, it aint all bad. But still, being able to get in the car and take long drives is one of the things I miss most since I moved here from the Netherlands 11 years ago. That, and seasons haha.

Still, your trip seems awesome, I'm definitely jealous :D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew
Good question. I stopped comparing the 'receipt math' with the actual ECU math when, on the trip out, they only seemed to be about .6 to .8 mpg off. I was pleasantly surprised.
Hey right on, thanks for the reply! That would have been an awesome trip!

Deleted member 1634

Definitely one of the things I'm looking forward to, is long road trips in the Ranger. We've been on quite a few trips already, but none more than 5hrs away yet. We leave on a week long trip this weekend, so that'll be nice. Definitely want to take this thing on some sort of long trip out East or West or North. Just have to save up some vacation time and hit the road!

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Just got back from an epic cross-country road trip in my FX4 Ranger XLT. Saw some amazing things, did some amazing things. From 117 degrees in Vegas to 48 degrees in the mountains of Nevada. Through it all, the ranger Killed It! Some sample pics to follow. Odometer pic attached.

Odometer.jpg
Thanks for sharing!

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

You can adjust the calculation...

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fuel-calculator-adjustment.2996/

I'm now +/- 0.5 mpg w/ on dash and hand calculations.
Sponsored