Yay My New Ranger!

GatorBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just made my first payment after having my new Ranger Lariat for about a month. It looks great and was worth the wait. Signed up for X-plan pricing by joining the Mustang Club. It was great not having to negotiate....and I got the $750 bonus cash too. No lease deals unfortunately but it's still $25 bucks less a month than my Tacoma Limited was.
Special thanks to Pines Fprd and my awesome dealer Jorge Villanueva!
Switched my insurance to USAA since I hear their service is fantastic.
My first impression is that the Ranger is "more refined" than the Taco. The transmission is definitely smoother and the ride is softer. And that's perfect for me as I never do off roading. This truck is to look good driving around South Florida.
The engine on-off takes some getting used to and I find myself just switching it off most of the time. Using a blinker in Miami is a sign of weakness so I'm trying to use it more as the lane assist seems to always be fighting me. Something else to get used to. Even after a month I'm still not exactly sure how to work the auto wipers.
The Tacoma never got more than 17 mpg...so far the Ranger is around 20. Haven't been on a road trip anxious to see if I can get more on the highway.
I really wish this truck came with a Sunroof. Living in a place with nice weather all year long I used to open it all the time.
And yes I get stopped all the time by people asking 'hey is that the new Ranger?"

truck.jpg

truck2.jpg
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Just made my first payment after having my new Ranger Lariat for about a month. It looks great and was worth the wait. Signed up for X-plan pricing by joining the Mustang Club. It was great not having to negotiate....and I got the $750 bonus cash too. No lease deals unfortunately but it's still $25 bucks less a month than my Tacoma Limited was.
Special thanks to Pines Fprd and my awesome dealer Jorge Villanueva!
Switched my insurance to USAA since I hear their service is fantastic.
My first impression is that the Ranger is "more refined" than the Taco. The transmission is definitely smoother and the ride is softer. And that's perfect for me as I never do off roading. This truck is to look good driving around South Florida.
The engine on-off takes some getting used to and I find myself just switching it off most of the time. Using a blinker in Miami is a sign of weakness so I'm trying to use it more as the lane assist seems to always be fighting me. Something else to get used to. Even after a month I'm still not exactly sure how to work the auto wipers.
The Tacoma never got more than 17 mpg...so far the Ranger is around 20. Haven't been on a road trip anxious to see if I can get more on the highway.
I really wish this truck came with a Sunroof. Living in a place with nice weather all year long I used to open it all the time.
And yes I get stopped all the time by people asking 'hey is that the new Ranger?"

truck.jpg

truck2.jpg
Pop-up sunroofs are available aftermarket at reasonable prices...
th?id=OIP.jpg

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Re auto wipers - You have to turn them on in the Settings menu, then when it is raining, push the stalk up one notch to what would be the 'intermittent wipe' position. It will sense when there is rain on the windshield and wipe, frequency depending on the amount of rain and the position of the small switch on the stalk (which you would normally use to set intermittent frequency). If it rains harder, the frequency will automatically increase; if it quits raining, it will not wipe.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
GatorBob congrats on your new truck. I think that you can change the level of settings on the lane assist so it will not fight you without using the blinker.

Thanks on the auto wiper info DHare. Collecting as much info as I can for when my truck arrives next month.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
GatorBob congrats on your new truck. I think that you can change the level of settings on the lane assist so it will not fight you without using the blinker.

Thanks on the auto wiper info DHare. Collecting as much info as I can for when my truck arrives next month.
In the Settings menu, you can choose 3 settings for Lane Assist: Off, Tactile (steering wheel vibrates), or actual assist (vibrates and tries to steer you back into correct lane).

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
I leave mine on assist only, you can turn it off/on with the button. On the end of the turn signal...

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
In the Settings menu, you can choose 3 settings for Lane Assist: Off, Tactile (steering wheel vibrates), or actual assist (vibrates and tries to steer you back into correct lane).
the 3 settings are "alert only", "aid only", "alert+aid" (autosteers if you're a little over, then vibrates if you're way over).

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking truck I am kinda partial to Black

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
the 3 settings are "alert only", "aid only", "alert+aid" (autosteers if you're a little over, then vibrates if you're way over).
Thanks, I was trying to come up with them from memory. And of course, Off is controlled by the button on the end of the turn signal stalk.
Sponsored