I got mine a week ago...Just didnt have time to install it yet:D

4FA6F533-1533-4711-8F5D-D8B607EF997D.jpeg

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Even at that huge price difference?
I'm no Kennedy Trust Fund Baby...BUT I rarely buy on price alone. I look for meeting the actual need, quality, expected life cycle, etc, etc..other pertinent metrics THEN with all those things considered I will look at the price of comparable items. IF at that point its not in my current budget I will wait.

It's a system that's worked for me pretty well so far.

ChopprJock

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Sport, Tow Packages
Occupation
Aero Engineer / Ops Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
My BuiltRight molle racks came in and last night I finally had a chance to get them installed. My truck came without the two center tiedowns so today I grabbed a few M8x1.25 bolts from the Home Despot to finish it off. This winter I ripped out the dealer installed plastic bed liner and had Line-X installed, so I did need to clean out the four holes for those center tiedown points.

Super happy with the final result!

(Side note- also Super Happy with my $300 American Tonneau Cover. Does the job and no leaks)

IMG_1953.jpeg

IMG_1954.jpeg

IMG_1955.jpeg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
If, or when you use the bed anchor points. Are they still easy to hook on to?

Last edited:

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
For those that have either brand of these bedside racks, can you do me a favor? Can you pull on them laterally and let me know if there is any flex or if they feel solid? I have an unusual tie down situation and I'm trying to come up with a solution but it needs to withstand some lateral forces. Thanks in advance!

ChopprJock

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If, or when you use the bed anchor points. Are they still easy to hook on to?

They do not appear to be blocked in any way, I don't think that I will have any trouble using them with the racks installed (of course, I only have the four at the corners of the bed, but now that the bedside racks are installed I have a ton of places to attach anchors)...

ChopprJock

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For those that have either brand of these bedside racks, can you do me a favor? Can you pull on them laterally and let me know if there is any flex or if they feel solid? I have an unusual tie down situation and I'm trying to come up with a solution but it needs to withstand some lateral forces. Thanks in advance!
Honestly, when I first installed mine I thought that they may be to weak/have too much flex. But after I installed the two extra, center bolts they feel very solid. In fact, they feel much more rigid than I expected them to be. Time will tell of course, and it will depend on how much stress you put on the system (weight, lateral, etc) but I think that they will do just fine...

Hank the Tank

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Housing Case Manager, Full-time student
Vehicle Showcase
The Valhalla branded panels have a max load capacity of 250 lbs. I'm not sure what the tie-downs are rated for, but even so, anecdotally they seem sturdy. I have used them as a tie-down point without any problem (even over rough terrain).

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
The Valhalla branded panels have a max load capacity of 250 lbs. I'm not sure what the tie-downs are rated for, but even so, anecdotally they seem sturdy. I have used them as a tie-down point without any problem (even over rough terrain).
Image 1610.png

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Would any of you know if a BuiltRight rear panel would fit while I have a Retrax rolling cover clamped in there?

(I'm not thinking of installing the whole side since I will likely have to remove the entire Retrax with its storage canister to be able to access the front screws, assuming the rack would even fit next to the canister...)

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Are these made of aluminum or steel? Funny didn't know these even existed. I almost have some the finished on auto cad. I was integrating some unistrut mount points but like this design. Was going to do them out of some aluminum we have at shop on the CNC. If I get them drew up and fitting right maybe I could help some of you guys out.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Are these made of aluminum or steel? Funny didn't know these even existed. I almost have some the finished on auto cad. I was integrating some unistrut mount points but like this design. Was going to do them out of some aluminum we have at shop on the CNC. If I get them drew up and fitting right maybe I could help some of you guys out.
I'm jealous: you seem to have access to some tools and technology I wish I did ?

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I'm jealous: you seem to have access to some tools and technology I wish I did ?
My shop has 2 cnc routers. We used to have patterns everywhere and had to hand route every thing. Now we draw it up and cut it in half the time. We went from 5 to 6 coaches a year to last year we finished 13. Valuable investment. plus we get to make some cool shit now. Here's a head liner in a Prevost we we are building Would have took days to cut by hand. But hit go a few hours later a little filling and walla hahaha
20201001_085854.jpg
20201001_063151.jpg
Sponsored