NICE Loaner Car from the Ford Dealer

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Took the ranger in for a minor warranty item and they gave me a brand new Ford Escape Titanium hybrid as a loaner. Came complete with Husky mats, window tint, and only 88 miles. I've never driven a hybrid and didn't actually know it was one when I started it leading me to the next part of the story. I "started" it and turned it off multiple times not realizing it was hybrid which initially takes off on electric motor(s) meaning it doesn't actually START the internal combustion engine. Anyhow, it's a really nice driving vehicle. Going to play with the auto park feature in my driveway since it has it. :D
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

It did take some time for us to get used to my wife's 2020 Escape Hybrid (only the SE Sport trim though since we don't need any fancy stuff), but now that we have it's a great vehicle. She can get mid-40mpgs and it's plenty comfortable as a road trip vehicle (took it out to the Badlands and Black Hills and back at the end of October). When I drive, I like to play the "how long can I stay in electric only mode" game. Similar to the "how high can I max out the mileage" game I play with my Ranger all day every day. haha My wife isn't too impressed with either game, but when I do that I can eek out close to 50mpg with the Escape. Definitely a vehicle I recommend to people asking about it.

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It did take some time for us to get used to my wife's 2020 Escape Hybrid (only the SE Sport trim though since we don't need any fancy stuff), but now that we have it's a great vehicle. She can get mid-40mpgs and it's plenty comfortable as a road trip vehicle (took it out to the Badlands and Black Hills and back at the end of October). When I drive, I like to play the "how long can I stay in electric only mode" game. Similar to the "how high can I max out the mileage" game I play with my Ranger all day every day. haha My wife isn't too impressed with either game, but when I do that I can eek out close to 50mpg with the Escape. Definitely a vehicle I recommend to people asking about it.
HaHaHa...... :LOL:!!!!! Somehow I think that humor would elude my wife as well. Have a buddy in Alberta Canada with a '19 Ranger Crew and his wife just got a non hybrid SEL AWD Escape and he said it is amazing in the snow, slush, etc..... He's the reason I even went to look at the Ranger at all. I had my mind made up that the Yoda Taco was the way to go and hadn't even driven one since the last one I owned in 1999. Sure glad I drove the Ranger.

Deleted member 1634

HaHaHa...... :LOL:!!!!! Somehow I think that humor would elude my wife as well. Have a buddy in Alberta Canada with a '19 Ranger Crew and his wife just got a non hybrid SEL AWD Escape and he said it is amazing in the snow, slush, etc..... He's the reason I even went to look at the Ranger at all. I had my mind made up that the Yoda Taco was the way to go and hadn't even driven one since the last one I owned in 1999. Sure glad I drove the Ranger.
Our Escape is also an AWD. We've added snow tires to it and it does very well. Haven't had much a winter this year, but had some chances.

When we were out in the Badlands it snowed about a foot, and none of the roads had been plowed when we were trying to leave in the morning. The Escape did great! I don't think the Traction or Stability Control ever came on at all because it didn't need to.

122708518_10164440607090444_4384971784521630329_o.jpg

122854780_10164440609055444_4722283781032761956_n.jpg

Snapchat-844941173.jpg

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our Escape is also an AWD. We've added snow tires to it and it does very well. Haven't had much a winter this year, but had some chances.

When we were out in the Badlands it snowed about a foot, and none of the roads had been plowed when we were trying to leave in the morning. The Escape did great! I don't think the Traction or Stability Control ever came on at all because it didn't need to.

122708518_10164440607090444_4384971784521630329_o.jpg

122854780_10164440609055444_4722283781032761956_n.jpg

Snapchat-844941173.jpg
Did I mention no white stuff here?!?!?!
IMG_4677.jpg

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Took the ranger in for a minor warranty item and they gave me a brand new Ford Escape Titanium hybrid as a loaner. Came complete with Husky mats, window tint, and only 88 miles. I've never driven a hybrid and didn't actually know it was one when I started it leading me to the next part of the story. I "started" it and turned it off multiple times not realizing it was hybrid which initially takes off on electric motor(s) meaning it doesn't actually START the internal combustion engine. Anyhow, it's a really nice driving vehicle. Going to play with the auto park feature in my driveway since it has it. :D
we just bought my wife one last march, a sport w 19" rims & leather, pano-roof.. did you get to drive it in Sport mode? Its a damn racecar that gets 40 mpg. we like it!

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I "started" it and turned it off multiple times not realizing it was hybrid
Reminds me of a friends new lincoln years ago. Back when push button start was new (and a luxury). He told me to take it for a spin. I kept pressing the button and nothing happened, except the preset had the driver seat moving forward and back. 5 minutes later I had to ask him how to start it. Now, everyone knows you have to put your foot on the brake. :facepalm:

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
we just bought my wife one last march, a sport w 19" rims & leather, pano-roof.. did you get to drive it in Sport mode? Its a damn racecar that gets 40 mpg. we like it!
Awesome! Haven't tried sport mode just yet, but I will be sure to. Made it from the dealer to the garage and that's about it so far. Have had my Ranger for a month and still on the first tank of fuel.

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reminds me of a friends new lincoln years ago. Back when push button start was new (and a luxury). He told me to take it for a spin. I kept pressing the button and nothing happened, except the preset had the driver seat moving forward and back. 5 minutes later I had to ask him how to start it. Now, everyone knows you have to put your foot on the brake. :facepalm:
That's exactly how I felt!!!!! :explode::LOL:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Awesome! Haven't tried sport mode just yet, but I will be sure to. Made it from the dealer to the garage and that's about it so far. Have had my Ranger for a month and still on the first tank of fuel.
she had a '16 Escape AWD 1.5L and it was ok for a commuter car; she put 119k on in 4 years got avg. 22MPG. So at 40 +/- average we are making bank & she loves it so for a bit I was a hero...

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
she had a '16 Escape AWD 1.5L and it was ok for a commuter car; she put 119k on in 4 years got avg. 22MPG. So at 40 +/- average we are making bank & she loves it so for a bit I was a hero...
That is insanely great mileage. I had a new VW Passat TDI in 2014 and could roll off 50ish +/- MPG on the open road and average still mid 40s mpg. In contrast, I had a 2013 F-350 6.7L crew cab 4x4 with dual rear wheels and got 18 mpg empty or with a 20k plus lb race hauler behind it. Having had several Cummins powered Dodge trucks over the years, the Ford 6.7L was by far the best overall engine/trans combo.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
We just got my wife a new escape hybrid titanium a couple months ago. Traded in a ā€˜17 explorer sport (which was awesome) but I didnā€™t expect much. Turns out is a damn nice vehicle and really nice to drive.
Sponsored