Magnetic FX4 - OEB's First Build

OEB0630

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hello everyone, new to the group and excited to have found it. Stepped out of a F250 SCREW PowerStroke into the Ranger this week to build a more nimble upland hunting rig.

Having picked it up on Friday, very little accomplished thus far:
- Removed backseat: have to design and setup a kennel system for the dogs in this space.
- Removed FX4 stickers
- Measured damn near everything else for planning purposes

Items on order thus far:
- Decked drawers (had them in my F250, and love them - staying with them albeit smaller)
- Raptor Grill and Lights
- Matched Magnetic paint (aerosol) to black out all of the chrome

Items to be ordered soon....still debating some on "exactly" what I want:
- 2.5 Coilover kit, stage 2 (still debating between Fox and ICON)
- Warn front bumper and winch
- Rock sliders
- Bed Rack (leaning toward ZROADZ with side gates)
- Lights (bumper, hood, and bed rack)
- Rhino Rack Backbone with Pioneer System

I am sure the list will grow, and change over time. Having found this board, I am gaining some great knowledge already.

I also started working with Scott at S-Tech a little to possibly look at bringing their switch system to the Ranger platform. I guess I was the first to reach out to him with the request; so sent him some pics. I've also thought about the Triggers system.....we will see what happens.

This build will not be hyper-quick - but will hopefully keep a forward progression.

Lariat Badge.jpeg

Backseat Stripped.jpeg
Sponsored

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I'm really excited to see what you do with the back seat. I run an informal dog rescue and am always driving around with a few dogs. I bought the 4dr specifically for them to have the back seat. I bought a cage screen to keep them in the back, but it only works with also having a part of a wire shelf attached and I've been through a bunch of hammock style seat covers. Would love to take the entire back seat out and have something built specifically for them.

79082756_10218459323132903_4465868945265524736_o.jpg

OP
OP

OEB0630

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Installed the DECKED drawers this weekend, and went ahead and got rid of the chrome on the tailgate. Warn Ascend front and Rear bumpers on order, hopefully will arrive in late July. Winch is in the garage waiting.

One part for the roof rack is on backorder.....so waiting for that. RCI Bed Rack on order, should ship in a week or two. Finally, ShrockWorks sliders are ordered - about 4 weeks out on those. Trigger 6-Shooter on the way from Amazon tomorrow. Guess I will tinker with that while I hurry up and wait on everything else.

Decked.jpeg

Tailgate.jpeg

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
First dry fit of the mock up for a shelf for the kennels in the backseat. Rhino Roof Rack on order....looking for bed racks now.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this. I need to do the same to my Lariat - my dogs do not enjoy the hammock style seats.

Dry Fit.jpeg

Reactions: Doc

OP
OP

OEB0630

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Finished up the back seat shelf for the hunting dog's crate. Upholstered and installed, crate bolted down. I really like the way it turned out.

Also got the Trigger 6-shooter installed under the hood....still trying to figure out where I want to mount the switch panel. I think in front of the sunglasses holder, but trying to determine if that fascia unclips relatively easy.

Now, I wait for bumpers, roof rack, bed rack to arrive. Everything is on order, hoping it starts to trickle in over the next couple weeks.

Finished Crate1.jpeg

Finished Crate2.jpeg

Trigger 6.jpeg

OP
OP

OEB0630

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
This weekend got the Rhino Rack Backbone and Pioneer Platform installed. Also settled on a spot for the Trigger switches. Still waiting for arrival of bumpers, sliders, etc. Hopefully soon.

Rhino 1.jpeg

Rhino 2.jpeg

Switches 1.jpeg

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
That is a sharp back seat area.

OP
OP

OEB0630

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
A little progress made this week. Chrome door handles switched out with PTM, Chrome fender badge switched out with black version. Installed Shrockworks sliders today! Also mounted my Rigid ditch lights....but curious.....where is everyone running the wires? Open to ideas for what has worked best.

No pics....storming like crazy out!

OP
OP

OEB0630

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Productive Friday and Saturday - got the front end (bumper, winch, and grill) put on, the RCI bed rack installed, and the 270 awning mounted.

Need to figure out how to get the bash plate to mount, since the factory tow hooks are gone now. I think I will take them somewhere and have the tow hook and front end chopped off, so I can mount the back end with the hanger for the bash plate to mount to. (Anyone done something different?)

Lift, wheels, and tires next.....few weeks from now. Then just need a RTT, ARB Elements, and tilt slide.

Bumper Grill.jpeg

Grill Lights.jpeg

Bed Rack, Awning.jpeg

Rack 2.jpeg

OP
OP

OEB0630

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)