[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good question I don't know if the Ford tune has that ability. I went with Livernois because they do several different tunes including one for towing.

Best of luck.
This is why I went with Livernois too. IIRC it automatically adjusts for altitude ( someone correct me if I'm wrong ) and I like that you get unlimited tunes and support and free updates.
Sponsored

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
This is why I went with Livernois too. IIRC it automatically adjusts for altitude ( someone correct me if I'm wrong ) and I like that you get unlimited tunes and support and free updates.
If they would ship to Kalifornikstan I would have gone with Livernois as well. The only tune that I know of that is CARB approved is the FP Tune. Thankfully I am seeing good gains. 42 hp and 22 lb/ft of torque. I expected a better gain in torque but the tuned torque curve is actually far better than the stock curve. Even the horsepower curve is way better than stock. Truck is putting 282.5 hp and 303.5 lb/ft to the asphalt. Excellent numbers for a four banger.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Thanks for the feedback from Livernois users. Any Ford Performance Tune users that can comment on impact of Ford Tune at higher altitudes? I pull 2 ATV’s on a trailer in the Rockies. I would assume it would not have a negative impact due to increased torque. Would love some input. Thanks in advance.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
For those of you who have been lucky enough to get the Ford tune can you give us your top 3 likes and any dislikes?

I am also curious about transmission shifting.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For those of you who have been lucky enough to get the Ford tune can you give us your top 3 likes and any dislikes?

I am also curious about transmission shifting.
I like the increase in acceleration. I did a before/after dyno and see an increase of 42 hp and 22 lb/ft of torque to the asphalt. I was expecting a bigger increase in torque but the actual curve is far better than stock. Almost flat from a peak of 302.5 lb/ft @ around 4000 rpm.
I don't have a lot of experience with turbo/tuned engines but I think this is a fairly mild tune. Ford does not want to hurt a bunch of motors that are in the wild. Don't expect your truck to be a funny car with this tune. With that being said the difference is very, very noticeable.
As for shifting I don't notice any difference. My trans has always been spot on from day one.
The features of the ProCam handheld flashing device are a bit sparse but it does what I need it to do. Which is switching back and forth between tunes when needed.
If I had the chance for a do-over I would purchase it again.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I like the increase in acceleration. I did a before/after dyno and see an increase of 42 hp and 22 lb/ft of torque to the asphalt. I was expecting a bigger increase in torque but the actual curve is far better than stock. Almost flat from a peak of 302.5 lb/ft @ around 4000 rpm.
I don't have a lot of experience with turbo/tuned engines but I think this is a fairly mild tune. Ford does not want to hurt a bunch of motors that are in the wild. Don't expect your truck to be a funny car with this tune. With that being said the difference is very, very noticeable.
As for shifting I don't notice any difference. My trans has always been spot on from day one.
The features of the ProCam handheld flashing device are a bit sparse but it does what I need it to do. Which is switching back and forth between tunes when needed.
If I had the chance for a do-over I would purchase it again.
Ace - Great information. Thank you.

wildstar78

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Ace - Great information. Thank you.
I'm so excited to get mine installed! I placed my order through Levittown on 7/20, and in my hands by 7/30. I have run into a snag here where I live, ive called and emailed 3 ford dealerships about installing and None of them have responded. Im hoping one of them can do it, if not ill try a local dyno tuner shop. Will let you guys know!

BMalm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Range XLT
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I just got my ProCal tune put on my truck yesterday. Had my local dealer put it in for just a bit over $138. He said he was very surprised on how much this truck changed with the tune. I do notice a much quicker response. I don't have access to a track or a dyno so I can't post any numbers. I tried to get a 0-60 run with my cell phone, but I couldn't get a good jump, and trying to clock with my phone while driving wasn't very accurate. But I will say that the times I did get showed at the very least a 1 sec drop in time. Honestly with a track and a good driver, I suspect you could get this time in the low 6's maybe, just under? Doesn't appear to put out the times the 5-star or Hennessey tunes are doing, but decent never the less. Anyway, I'm curious if any of you have taken yours to the track and what your 0-60 times are. I will say for now, this tune is worth it.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Will the Ford Performance Tune have a negative or positive effect on towing in high altitudes? I tow ATV’s in the Rockies.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Seriously looking at adding the FP tune. I have a new 2019 with 2700 miles on it. Is there a recommended break in before installing?
You are ready. Go!

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Will the Ford Performance Tune have a negative or positive effect on towing in high altitudes? I tow ATV’s in the Rockies.
Tune will help.
Turbo's make up for altitude loss.
Tune makes up for the rest and then some. Run premium gas.

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
Having had various tunes in the past. I've a few questions.
1... With the adaptive built-in program of the Ford stock running 91 octane vs. the FP running on 91 octane . Does anyone have data on gains or differences?
2... This is more subjective than a question.
A: K&N Air filter. Having had problems in the past with oil residue buildup on MAS hot wire I've opted not using these (yes I've let them weep dry for three days before reinstalling them).
B: Exhaust Mods can be expensive for the slight increase in HP and looking at the stock system
there seems to be sufficient flow. I've done that in the past on complete shorty header systems for power and tone on V/8's but on 4 cylinders only so much flow and tone can be acquired.

Not trying to sound offensive here just questions..

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Having had various tunes in the past. I've a few questions.
1... With the adaptive built-in program of the Ford stock running 91 octane vs. the FP running on 91 octane . Does anyone have data on gains or differences?
2... This is more subjective than a question.
A: K&N Air filter. Having had problems in the past with oil residue buildup on MAS hot wire I've opted not using these (yes I've let them weep dry for three days before reinstalling them).
B: Exhaust Mods can be expensive for the slight increase in HP and looking at the stock system
there seems to be sufficient flow. I've done that in the past on complete shorty header systems for power and tone on V/8's but on 4 cylinders only so much flow and tone can be acquired.

Not trying to sound offensive here just questions..
I am seeing 42 hp and 22 lb/ft of torque increases with the Ford Tune over stock. These are dyno numbers. Both the horsepower and torque curves are far better after the tune. The torque curve being close to flat from it's peak of 304 lb/ft @ 3800 RPM at the wheels. I was a bit disappointed with the torque gains but it is what it is. Each engine responds a bit differently to a canned tuned.
If you have issues with a K&N drop in filter you are using too much oil. I have used them for 30 years with no issues.
I am running a Flowmaster 40 Series muffler.
Bolt ons, with the possible exception of intercooler and intercooler pipe upgrades, do almost nothing to increase real power. They mostly make more noise so you think they are accomplishing something.
I bought the Ford Performance tune because it is the only tune that is legal to run on the street here in Kalifornikstan being CARB approved. Livernois Motorsports would be my first choice for customized tunes otherwise.

Ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia SUV
Ace Holliday, are you able to take off fast with a 4x2 and the extra power of the tune? (Dry roads obviously) Does your truck have a locker? The reason I ask is my last truck was a 2016 F150 RCSB 4x2 with 2.7 eco and e-locker. Even the stock power was overwhelming for rwd. It was hard to take off fast without spinning or having the electronics limit wheelspin forcing slow acceleration. Even at 30mph the truck could light up the right rear tire. Looking at Rangers now and considering both 4x4 and 4x2 with e-locker. I don't offroad and could get by with snow tires on a 4x2. Anyone else have 4x2 with tunes? Any traction troubles? Thanks for any replies.

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
I am seeing 42 hp and 22 lb/ft of torque increases with the Ford Tune over stock. These are dyno numbers. Both the horsepower and torque curves are far better after the tune. The torque curve being close to flat from it's peak of 304 lb/ft @ 3800 RPM at the wheels. I was a bit disappointed with the torque gains but it is what it is. Each engine responds a bit differently to a canned tuned.
If you have issues with a K&N drop in filter you are using too much oil. I have used them for 30 years with no issues.
I am running a Flowmaster 40 Series muffler.
Bolt ons, with the possible exception of intercooler and intercooler pipe upgrades, do almost nothing to increase real power. They mostly make more noise so you think they are accomplishing something.
I bought the Ford Performance tune because it is the only tune that is legal to run on the street here in Kalifornikstan being CARB approved. Livernois Motorsports would be my first choice for customized tunes otherwise.
Thanks for the reply,
Was that comparisons between stock 91 octane usage and 91 FPT tune?
I'm interested in doing this not happy about the 5 year to 3 year warranty downgrade though.
I don't do the frequent car rebuying option as much. Keep them longer since I've retired.

The oil residue of the K&N was over 1 1/2 years. I too had used them for a long time. I was very methodical in recharging them. This came about when I increased CFM flow from various Mods.
It was almost none existent on the filter when i reinstalled. I tried several techniques.
Sponsored