First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I got the 365XL as soon as I could get my hands on one and unfortunately couldn’t fall in love with it. I’ve come to the conclusion that it was due to the flat trigger and the height of the beaver tail on this particular grip. My natural finger placement always put my finger at the very top of the trigger, resulting in a heavier trigger pull that clearly effected the groupings. If I made a mental note each time I picked it up to adjust my finger lower on the trigger, I would shoot it fine. With that being said, I don’t trust that I will mentally remember to adjust finger placement in the event I ever had to pull a firearm, and didn’t want to train muscle memory for different trigger placement that would then effect how I shoot every other handgun. Other than that I loved everything about this gun (maybe not the price of magazines) but have gone back to my 43x with shield arms 15rd magazines that I shoot extremely well for everyday concealed carry, and typically carry the P229 Legion when I’m able to open carry.
The first flat trigger I ever had was the one I put one on my CZ Scorpion last spring. I didn't find it all that hard to get use to and now like it a lot more than the curved ones. I wish I didn't already replace most of my AR triggers with aftermarket curved ones as I would use a flat one on them too. As far as the higher beaver tail I'm use to those and I have several 1911's and like that style,I actually shoot much better with them.

Sigs mags and their other accessories have always been more expensive than most other brands but their quality is top notch. I would trust my life with any of their products,just my wallet doesn't always like it. lol

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Actually it is not as much as you would think. I think the video review comparing the 365 and the XL (along with a G48) is pretty good. I carry the 365 with the 12rd mag. So it and the XL are almost identical in height. That only makes the barrel the biggest difference. I like the smaller guns too. My brother carries the S&W Bodyguard. Nice pocket gun.

Review of the G48, 365, XL
The barrel length is only 1/2" longer and the weight is just under 3 oz. All the videos I've seen comparing these two they all liked the XL better. Even though it's only 1/2" longer it does give you a better site picture and less recoil. Not that the standard P365 is bad,they just said this one is that much better.

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
@Nutty 5.0 This is some friendly advice. Since this is your first firearm, please take a course on gun safety before firing your first round. Also, take it apart and put it back together to get familiar with how it works. You will need to clean it every so often and that requires field stripping it. Your coworker will be knowledgeable and all questions in this thread will be answered honestly and respectfully. Don't assume it's a dumb question, if you don't know something means that you need to know it.

Welcome to the world of firearms....be prepared to spend money. A good holster(s) and a good belt will go a long way in your Every Day Carry (EDC). Most of us probably have 2 or 3 holsters for every pistol we have. :giggle:

As far as a belt goes, @AzScorpion (Dave) told me about these KORE belts and I love mine. Actually bought a Tactical and Dress EDC belt at the same time. I wear the Tactical everyday.
Already in process! Thanks!! Great advice. We aren’t even loading them until we are in training. Mines been apart a couple dozen times already! She’s been catching up to me!

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Already in process! Thanks!! Great advice. We aren’t even loading them until we are in training. Mines been apart a couple dozen times already! She’s been catching up to me!
To save your thumbs, I suggest The UpLula Mag Loader to load/unload your magazines

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Two other things to note on the XL model.

It has the plate already notched out in the slide if you want to add a red dot. All you have to do is remove the two screws underneath the slide. I wouldn't add one but it's nice that options there.

It has the longer grip so the 12 round mags fit flush giving you a better grip. The standard P365 has the mag extensionI but I've had some others with the mag extensions and there was a bit of wobble in them. You'll get a much more solid grip when they're flush and in return better accuracy.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You can find many good videos on Youtube. I find myself some mornings watching a video then you look at the right side at the "suggested videos" and next thing you know it's almost lunchtime and you haven't done a darn thing! lol Then other times I'll watch videos and find myself making purchases I never intended on. Kind of like being on this forum and the mods for my Ranger.

Here's a good one I've posted before on grip placement.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A few with bayonets attached.
7T3RXPh_d.jpg

HK USP
6rI48Vy_d.jpg

One of the ARs
wEY6hvn_d.jpg
Nice! :like: What suppressor are you running on the AR? I just got mine, it's a Griffin Armament GP5, after about 10 1/2 months waiting for the approval. We couldn't have these when I lived back in MA so now I'm making up for lost time. lol

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
got invited over to this thread. I have a few but nothing that special. Looking for a AR pistol right now to go with my 16". I do love my 2 Sigs an would love a Sig rattler but that's a little steep for a toy.

gunstuff.jpg

JoeDirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Nice! :like: What suppressor are you running on the AR? I just got mine, it's a Griffin Armament GP5, after about 10 1/2 months waiting for the approval. We couldn't have these when I lived back in MA so now I'm making up for lost time. lol

It's a YHM Nitro, it is a design that I can change end caps and mounts so it's great for running on multiple hosts.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
got invited over to this thread. I have a few but nothing that special. Looking for a AR pistol right now to go with my 16". I do love my 2 Sigs an would love a Sig rattler but that's a little steep for a toy.

gunstuff.jpg
Nice collection and welcome! I have a few AR's and AR pistols in both 223 and 9mm. My 2 favorites are my AR pistol 8" 223 and my CZ Scorpion. Who am I kidding I love them all! lol I'm looking at a Sig P365 XL right now and more than likely will be getting that one soon and that's it for a while. :LOL: That's what I told myself 3 purchase ago.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's a YHM Nitro, it is a design that I can change end caps and mounts so it's great for running on multiple hosts.

I was looking at a YHM 9mm Sidewinder but they're constantly out of stock so I went with with the Omega 9K and then picked up a Rugged Obsidian 9. Mine are both direct thread for now but I do want to change them over to quick mounts.

JoeDirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
I was looking at a YHM 9mm Sidewinder but they're constantly out of stock so I went with with the Omega 9K and then picked up a Rugged Obsidian 9. Mine are both direct thread for now but I do want to change them over to quick mounts.
I think YHM is releasing a new line of pistol suppressors very soon, the sidewinder is an old design. I have a Rugged Obsidian 45 it's been awesome. My next purchase will be a 22 suppressor thinking rugged or Q El Camino.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think YHM is releasing a new line of pistol suppressors very soon, the sidewinder is an old design. I have a Rugged Obsidian 45 it's been awesome. My next purchase will be a 22 suppressor thinking rugged or Q El Camino.
I just got my Obsidian 9 and haven't had a chance to use it yet. We went out shooting last Saturday but this trip I didn't bring any rifles and I don't have any pistols with threaded barrels (yet). Plus I want to coat the baffles with some Slip 2000,it helps seal them and makes them easier to clean.

I have the Q El Camino and highly recommend it. It's literally James Bond quiet on my pistols and rifles after the first round pop. Being titanium and stainless steel it's super light at 4.3 oz. I have a Ruger MK IV lite and with the can on it it fells like you're picking up a toy gun. lol I have another one in 22 I just bought back this February it's a CGS Hydra -AL which I got on sale for $205.00,the darn tax stamp is just as much as the suppressor. Hopefully that one doesn't take a year to get approved.