Oggvorbis' 2019 Shadow Black FX4 Lariat Build for Outdoor Family Recreation

AlexBrand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say the on-road ride experience compared to stock would be comparable to as what most people would expect and have said regarding upgrading their coilovers and rear shocks with a comparably priced 2.5" shock body setup, wether it be these Kings, the Icons, or Foxs. I've only ever had Kings on this truck, so I can't comment or say which is best or better between them.

Compared to stock, it's a much more firm and controlled ride without being harsh. Rear is much more planted and not at all bouncy. Can take turns and curves much faster and with more confidence.

Where it really shines is obviously off-road. On uneven, bumpy, washboard type roads the truck really handles it well and seems to just float right over them. Took a long partially snow covered backroad to some hot springs this weekend and couldn't help but smile on the way up. Could have easily driven up the road very fast and could really feel the off-road race pedigree.
How was install, I have mine on the way and was wondering if you had to adjust them out of box or just left them as is?
Sponsored

OP
OP
oggvorbis

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
How was install, I have mine on the way and was wondering if you had to adjust them out of box or just left them as is?
Install was pretty straight forward and didn't run into any problems. It wasn't in the install instructions that Kings provided unless they changed it after December, but make sure to loosen or remove the axle nuts so that you don't pop out the front axle from the cv joint like a lot of early members have done. The @Stage3Motorsports install video is spot on on how to do it efficiently.

I installed a 1.5" rear blocks so I knew I'd have to adjust the springs to get it to the height I wanted. For some reason it took more turns to achieve the height difference then what is stated in the instructions. Had to pull em off and readjust/reinstall it to get it where I wanted.

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
This is a dope ass truck. Did you have to do any other mods to fit the tire? (cutting the crash bar etc etc)

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Love your build, oggvorbis and am sooooooo jealous of where you live - just minutes from the Mojave and all the amazing places along 395. I was out there scoping it out last summer in my stock Ranger FX4, but this year I intend to hit the desert out there. Keep up the good work. ?

Rack 4.jpg

RangerRick19

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'd say the on-road ride experience compared to stock would be comparable to as what most people would expect and have said regarding upgrading their coilovers and rear shocks with a comparably priced 2.5" shock body setup, wether it be these Kings, the Icons, or Foxs. I've only ever had Kings on this truck, so I can't comment or say which is best or better between them.

Compared to stock, it's a much more firm and controlled ride without being harsh. Rear is much more planted and not at all bouncy. Can take turns and curves much faster and with more confidence.

Where it really shines is obviously off-road. On uneven, bumpy, washboard type roads the truck really handles it well and seems to just float right over them. Took a long partially snow covered backroad to some hot springs this weekend and couldn't help but smile on the way up. Could have easily driven up the road very fast and could really feel the off-road race pedigree.
do you recommend the extended travel kings or just the normal adjustable coils? I’m soon to pull the trigger on a set soon. Also did you order your Kings through stage 3 motor sports? awesome truck btw!!