No, Not Again!

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
The look is great - (thank you!) The ride is where it really shines. I can't get over the improvement! I REALLY like the Icon products in this application.
Approximately what did that setup run you? Lift, wheels and tires.

I'll need to start saving.
Sponsored

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
I wash my vehicles easily twice or maybe even three times a year. I find they run just as well dirty as clean - until accumulated mud starts ruining the weight and aerodynamics.

Living on a dirt road will soon break any one of the personal need for a clean truck or motorcycle.
:sunglasses:

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2015 MX-5 Club, 2016 VW GTI
Vehicle Showcase
The look is great - (thank you!) The ride is where it really shines. I can't get over the improvement! I REALLY like the Icon products in this application.
I was driving home yesterday and thinking about your response - in particular the pictures you shared. I rudely forgot to mention that you have a nice looking Ranger there yourself! Your rig was one of the first I saw when I joined this forum. Awesome to see people tinkering with the new ride.

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2015 MX-5 Club, 2016 VW GTI
Vehicle Showcase
Approximately what did that setup run you? Lift, wheels and tires.

I'll need to start saving.
All in, (wheels, tires, suspension) around $6,300 - was hoping to get a little coin back on the factory bits, but I can barely give the stuff away! So be it - I'm creating jobs! :D

TonyC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Driving Instructor at Northeast Offroad Adventures, an offroad driving school, tour and event company located in upstate New York.
2019 Lariat, Stage 3 Icon coilovers and external reservoir rear shocks, Icon tubular upper control arms, 8.5Ă—17" Icon Compression wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. What these components have done to the ride is unreal. Next up, will be Relations Race Rock Sliders, Retrax MX Pro bed cover and onboard air. I'm loving the new Ranger!
20200225_170641.jpg
20200225_174154.jpg
What do you have the front height set at?

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
2019 Lariat, Stage 3 Icon coilovers and external reservoir rear shocks, Icon tubular upper control arms, 8.5Ă—17" Icon Compression wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. What these components have done to the ride is unreal. Next up, will be Relations Race Rock Sliders, Retrax MX Pro bed cover and onboard air. I'm loving the new Ranger!
20200225_170641.jpg
20200225_174154.jpg
I am also curious what you have you height set at? Installed them straight outta the box or maxed them out?

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
20200225_170641.jpg
20200225_174154.jpg
Did you ever get your Relations Race Wheels rock sliders?

Reactions: Doc

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
I pay a flat monthly fee for unlimited car washes. ~$30.00. I run it thru at least twice a week. They Armorall the tires. Usually give em $2.00 tip each time.

My truck is only dirty when I come back from camping... But I go straight to the car wash before going home.

I really don't have pictures of a dirty truck. I will during the summer when it gets muddy at camp. Right now it's dry, powder sand. Doesn't stick to anything.

IMG_20200105_155635900_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20200301-094338.png
THE FIT AND FINISH OF YOUR CAP IS REALLY NICE. DOES IT HAVE A DECENT REAR WINDOW LOCK? WHO MAKES THE CAP?

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair to the OP I stand with him. As much as possible anyways. If I can avoid driving my truck in the rain I will. Hey, that's what the Everest is for. Right now it's raining cats and dogs and the backend of my truck gets wet as it is. But not muddy. ? I had my Lincoln MKz and that didn't see rain or winter driving. That is what my Xterra was for. Sold my 2015 Lincoln with 27k miles when I moved here to the Philippines. My truck has a whole 4300 miles on it already. Whew....

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
Re: tarp- Does the garage roof leak? I might be worried about surface scratches from the inside of the tarp.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I would think a tarp would do more harm than good

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
A good hard rain is a good way to get the dead bugs off the front and windshield. Maybe the Op doesn't drive his trucks near bugs either.....

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
THE FIT AND FINISH OF YOUR CAP IS REALLY NICE. DOES IT HAVE A DECENT REAR WINDOW LOCK? WHO MAKES THE CAP?
The lock sucks. It was electric to work with the truck key fob. It's been repaired/replaced several times until the warranty ran out. It also has a key but that has never worked.

The struts are also bad. I have to push the door up because it won't go up by itself.

Lastly, I had the roof fack replaced once under warranty because the plastic covering cracked and fell off.

Advice, don't get her electric one... Get the manual one and hopefully the key will work in that.

I would not get an ARE in the future

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I know this is a bit of an old thread... but I have never heard of someone not driving in the rain.

I dont judge... We all gotta float our boat and I really appreciate all of you guys/gals that ceramic coat and wax and such... Always looks good and I appreciate the hard work that goes into it and the love for the finished result. I got my things that I baby... but it aint my truck.

For me though... My truck is a tool. Tools get dirty. I love driving on dirt roads and I have a dirt track way out of my property that I take every day... you know the type, with two wheel lines of dirt with the grass/weeds in the middle... Man, ever since I was a kid, I just loved driving down dirt tracks and dirt roads. I love the sound... I love the feeling... I am at home and my soul is at rest in a truck on dirt.
I do wash it a couple times a month... but I dont lose sleep about it being dirty.
Sponsored