San Jose Ranger Drive Tour Photos

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
I took the post as the area where the tailgate closes. Maybe I misunderstood the question. As the image looks the same as what I saw
From the angle of the picture, you wouldn't be able to see the area in question.
Sponsored

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Those are the best pictures I've seen so far of the Ranger. Seeing it in person, are those side vents open or are they fake?
I remember seeing a video from the exterior designer stating that the side vents are actually functional, with direct airflow to the engine bay.

RangerManR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, 2013 Mustang
From the angle of the picture, you wouldn't be able to see the area in question.
Photo of factory spray liner from the San Antonio Drive event. Doesn't extend down into the gap between bed and tailgate. Caveat that these are preproduction trucks though...

20181115_172819.jpg

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
Photo of factory spray liner from the San Antonio Drive event. Doesn't extend down into the gap between bed and tailgate. Caveat that these are preproduction trucks though...

20181115_172819.jpg
I had aftermarket spray done on mine (which has the exact same bed as this one) and the spray area seems to match this one.

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about the air quality, we have massive fires in CA now. All taken by me on 11/10/2018.
From what I can see, most components seem to be the same as the Global Ranger (Ranger PX, T6). I see a difference in the transmission crossmember, probably because it's the 10-speed instead of the 6-speed, but otherwise, gas tank skid, transfer case skid, diffs, control arms, etc all seem to match up. The bed is exactly the same as well, even matching up with official Ford Australia specs for size, mounting holes, etc.

Seems like we'll be able to share a bunch of stuff, and the aftermarket game will be elevated for the good of everyone with Rangers!
Sponsored