Lots of shiny photos...but who uses their Ranger to get sh*t done??

Black Sunshine

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2017 Silverado, 1996 Jeep
Occupation
Army
Bought mine this past Friday. Saturday filled the bed with fire wood, 2 different times. No pics though ?‍♂? going to get the spray in bed liner done today.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I'm not using mine for work, I'm using it as a play toy, daily driver and adventure vehicle. I'm sick to death of working. I'll be a homeless, semi-retired traveler living in and out of my truck in a few short months. That's the plan, anyway. I'll do that until my body gives out, I Irrecoverably break something, or I get sick of it. I can live very comfortably off $150 a week after my truck is paid off. My Army National Guard pension will cover most of that and social security will be socked away for emergencies and medical bills.

Working is for suckers

Black Sunshine

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2017 Silverado, 1996 Jeep
Occupation
Army
I'm not using mine for work, I'm using it as a play toy, daily driver and adventure vehicle. I'm sick to death of working. I'll be a homeless, semi-retired traveler living in and out of my truck in a few short months. That's the plan, anyway. I'll do that until my body gives out, I Irrecoverably break something, or I get sick of it. I can live very comfortably off $150 a week after my truck is paid off. My Army National Guard pension will cover most of that and social security will be socked away for emergencies and medical bills.

Working is for suckers
I’m hoping my guard pension will allow me some freedom at the end of my service ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
True North earned a full day’s pay today. Up early to set-up at the client site, tear down a small fence and haul it to the landfill. Over the next two days, the fence will get rebuilt, a gate will be hung and True North will be loaded up with tools once again and then we’re off to the next job.

C755BE20-9DA2-41CD-BF0F-81FE8B5A20C6.jpeg

A28579F2-25D8-433D-8EF7-F64B1CBE18D3.jpeg

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
True North earned a full day’s pay today. Up early to set-up at the client site, tear down a small fence and haul it to the landfill. Over the next two days, the fence will get rebuilt, a gate will be hung and True North will be loaded up with tools once again and then we’re off to the next job.

C755BE20-9DA2-41CD-BF0F-81FE8B5A20C6.jpeg

A28579F2-25D8-433D-8EF7-F64B1CBE18D3.jpeg
Not trying to hijack this thread, but i see your a dewalt man. How do you like that table saw? I got one of the cheapo kobalt ones a while ago and the fence wiggles and never goes square without vigorously man handling it with clamps and speed squares. Now I dont use it often, maybe a few times a year at most, but i definitely notice the quality is horrible (it cost 179, what was i thinking :p). I have quite a few dewalt tools, and love them, my fathers dewalt drill finally gave up after 22 years of home ownership. I dont do any of this for a living, just enjoy working on stuff, so I figured I'd ask.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine doesn't get beat up often but it sure has been ridden a shit ton...65,xxx miles to date...never put away wet so she still looks new... ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to hijack this thread, but i see your a dewalt man. How do you like that table saw? I got one of the cheapo kobalt ones a while ago and the fence wiggles and never goes square without vigorously man handling it with clamps and speed squares. Now I dont use it often, maybe a few times a year at most, but i definitely notice the quality is horrible (it cost 179, what was i thinking :p). I have quite a few dewalt tools, and love them, my fathers dewalt drill finally gave up after 22 years of home ownership. I dont do any of this for a living, just enjoy working on stuff, so I figured I'd ask.
Yeah, I’m definitely a “Team Yellow” guy. Their jobsite table saw is great. I have the 10-inch version and it serves me well. The fence is super stout and has a great adjustment system. They make an 8-1/4” jobsite table saw and it is often on sale at the usual stores. Don’t know anything about it’s fence, but it’s got to be a step up from the Lowe’s Kobolt saw.

Last edited:

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Yeah, I’m definitely a “Team Yellow” guy. Their jobsite table saw is great. I have the 10-inch version and it’s serves me well. The fence is super stout and has a great adjustment system. They make an 8-1/4” jobsite table saw and it is often on sale at the usual stores. Don’t know anything about it’s fence, but it’s got to be a step up from the Lowe’s Kobolt saw.
Awesome thanks! Glad to hear the fence is well made. Will be looking for sales on that now! Now if only dewalt would just ship me a circular saw, hammer drill, and their dust collection system.

Last edited:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
mine is a princess, i spent 25 yrs in the field. now i drive a desk. my 2009 Ram hates my ranger b/c it never got to sit in the heated garage and was a tool box w wheels!

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I rarely get to use my truck as a truck. I finished all of the projects that I have been doing the last 10 years, last summer, just about the time I got the truck. My ATV and bush buggy trailer do a lot of the work of my wood hauling in a 4 mile radius of my home. (I heat 95% with wood that I cut down, cut up, haul, split and stack, so I deal with a lot of wood.)