Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Man people are brutal especially on the TW forums. It’s crazy how hateful people are for no reason ha ha.
TW? Taco World?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Man people are brutal especially on the TW forums. It’s crazy how hateful people are for no reason ha ha.
You're not kidding! When I had my Tacoma I was on there a lot before I took delivery. It was the new Gen 3 in 2016 and I was trying to read up with those who had already received theirs. God forbid you ask a question that's been asked before or just something only a Toyota fan boy wold know and they'll jump down your throat!

I just looked back and I joined TW on 9/13/15 and up till I bought my Ranger on 7/19 I only posted 152 times! I'm so glad this forum and all the members here are soooo much better!!!:like:

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Ya I’ve been a part of TW for ever 10 plus years. Someone posted the TFL video and it quickly got shut down by the mods. It’s one of the most helpful and informative forums out there but being part of this forum and Jeep no one gets more butt hurt or angry then Tacoma owners. Not sure if it’s a millennial thing or what. No vehicle is perfect and I think we are all aware Ford doesn’t have a history of making the most reliable vehicles. I try to keep an open mind with all vehicles and try not to get too fan boyish. In all honesty if the Tacoma had a good tranny/engine combo I wouldn’t be here at all.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Added the Dee Zee bed matt off Amazon for 80 bucks. Would have liked to get the Ranger one but no reason not to save a few bucks and not wait for back order. Really like the no graphics though compared to the Rough Country. Now the dog will have a nice soft area when we go off roading in Sedona next week.

B175B241-32C0-4193-998E-75791232F765.jpeg

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Icon just started selling the rear bump stops individually so I bought a set from Stage 3. Only 43 bucks with their sale. Hopefully they improve the ride. Maybe test them out tomorrow.

9683DBC1-B054-4BCE-A436-4E23CC463406.jpeg

79FB4C51-6D9A-459B-9995-C503F28A1A35.jpeg

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Icon just started selling the rear bump individually so I bought a set from Stage 3. Only 43 bucks with there sale. Hopefully they improve the ride. Maybe test them out tomorrow.
I'm curious why you think bump stops would improve the ride?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious why you think bump stops would improve the ride?
Hi Rob,

On the short course Race Trucks, they use a hydraulic bump stop to soften the jounce travel.. Now mind you that we are talking some 25 to 30" of wheel travel but they do soften the jarring that the trucks would otherwise have to endure. We originally considered something like this for the FX4 initially, but left this on the table as there were more to be gained with the Torsen differential and very highly revised shocks and spring rates.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Hi Rob,

On the short course Race Trucks, they use a hydraulic bump stop to soften the jounce travel.. Now mind you that we are talking some 25 to 30" of wheel travel but they do soften the jarring that the trucks would otherwise have to endure. We originally considered something like this for the FX4 initially, but left this on the table as there were more to be gained with the Torsen differential and very highly revised shocks and spring rates.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hydraulic bump stops make you feel like your riding on a cushion. But too rich for my blood. When I had a Wrangler Teraflex made a foam bumpstop in a can. Way cheaper then hydraulic and I was super impressed with the ride quality combined with 2.0 shocks.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hydraulic bump stops make you feel like your riding on a cushion. But too rich for my blood. When I had a Wrangler Teraflex made a foam bumpstop in a can. Way cheaper then hydraulic and I was super impressed with the ride quality combined with 2.0 shocks.
Hi Andrew,

In Racing....Ford was in it to Win....Cost was secondary... I understand your position of too rich... I am interested in your foam bumpstop.... intriguing!

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
You learn something new every day!

Thanks!
Sponsored