Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Thanks, yes a 4.7 V8.

The fuel mileage is one of the things I am waiting to see if it increases. My brother in law drives a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 V6 8 speed and does 20-24 on the highway coming to Colorado and going back home. If that full size can do that, then a midsize with less weight should be 24-28.

A23ED4F2-3DF6-40D4-83F9-75A8BAAFEE16.jpeg
That’s a good looking rig. Did a Red River trip with some friends last year and we all had different rigs but all had the 4.7. Tundra, 4 runner, and GX. Part of me wishes I would have spent the money to fix the Tundra but then I don’t ha ha. I really like the Ranger so far but reliability is the question. And yes the gas should be 24-28 at least.
Sponsored

Alex Bedrosian

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger xlt fx4
Vehicle Showcase
Added some weather stripping to the tailgate. Hopefully this will help keep water and dust out.

CF0F4200-018C-4881-AF5E-EB75C2211696.jpeg

894E29D2-982E-4B3B-838B-A70B3E53C100.jpeg

Is that really thick enough to "seal" the bed. do you have photos of how much the gap is closed with that seal in?

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Is that really thick enough to "seal" the bed. do you have photos of how much the gap is closed with that seal in?
It’s really thick. And nothing will “seal” it completely but it’s way better then nothing. I’ll see if I can get any pics.

NMBruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
That’s a good looking rig. Did a Red River trip with some friends last year and we all had different rigs but all had the 4.7. Tundra, 4 runner, and GX. Part of me wishes I would have spent the money to fix the Tundra but then I don’t ha ha. I really like the Ranger so far but reliability is the question. And yes the gas should be 24-28 at least.
I will continue to follow your build, I like your thinking and concerns. Keep up the great work.
If your up in Pagosa Springs, I buy you a beer

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
I will continue to follow your build, I like your thinking and concerns. Keep up the great work.
If your up in Pagosa Springs, I buy you a beer
sounds great! Need to make it up there eventually.

NMBruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
Andrew, with your truck being an XLT, you have reg dash gauges with a tach & Speedo? Or is it the other one with the large speedo in the middle?

also have you added LED headlights?

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Andrew, with your truck being an XLT, you have reg dash gauges with a tach & Speedo? Or is it the other one with the large speedo in the middle?

also have you added LED headlights?
Tach and Speedo with lcd in the middle. I haven’t added LED lights yet but something I’m thinking of doing. Probably grab just led bulb replacements.

19E6DC04-6176-4C99-894D-F4B224FA7F43.png

NMBruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
That is so much better than the Lariat gauges

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
So some big news that I was waiting to tell. I’m heading up to Colorado today with my wife to film the segment Dude, I love or hate my new ride with TFL truck. We will be filming tomorrow morning so wish me luck that I don’t look like or act like a total douche on camera!!

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
So some big news that I was waiting to tell. I’m heading up to Colorado today with my wife to film the segment Dude, I love or hate my new ride with TFL truck. We will be filming tomorrow morning so wish me luck that I don’t look like or act like a total douche on camera!!
Nice! I was thinking of applying but you beat me to it! Enjoy

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Made it up to Colorado this morning around 1am. Hit a small snow storm which destroyed the truck with dirt and ice. So had to wake up early to wash the truck the best I could. But she’s all good now and about to head over to film! I’ll report back when we are done!

NMBruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
Congratulations. Go have a good time
Sponsored