Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Truxedo cover on my Tacoma and use to always close the tailgate and latch the cover and that truck I did run through car washes and it never leaked. I actually read the directions with this cover and even in the diagrams it shows to latch the cover first,then close the tailgate.

You're right it's much easier taking stuff in/out this way. If you look at the cover it overhangs the top of the tailgate some than the tailgate itself puts pressure against the seal so there's no way any water is going to get through.
You have convinced me.
Well looks like I've been doing it wrong all these months. I'll admit it's a pain in the ass to close the tailgate first. All though you must have confirmed it. Next time I go to the carwash I'll do it the other way see if any water gets in So far my bed is watertight. I hesitate to mess with it.

Thanks for the manual lookup.....I prefer that I can open the gate and close it without checking the seal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well looks like I've been doing it wrong all these months. I'll admit it's a pain in the ass to close the tailgate first. All though you must have confirmed it. Next time I go to the carwash I'll do it the other way see if any water gets in So far my bed is watertight. I hesitate to mess with it.

Thanks for the manual lookup.....I prefer that I can open the gate and close it without checking the seal.
I was doing it the right way until you told me I was doing it wrong. :LOL:

It seems to make more sense the wrong way. :crackup:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was doing it the right way until you told me I was doing it wrong. :LOL:

It seems to make more sense the wrong way. :crackup:
It's waterproof either way. I'm probably going to keep doing what I do. I don't like the idea of bending that Flap in and out. I think I will stick with good enough. Never had a leak with the rubber out. I amy give it a try the next time I run through a wash (will be a while because it's been raining. Have not washed it in a month or more. Why bother when raining every day.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's waterproof either way. I'm probably going to keep doing what I do. I don't like the idea of bending that Flap in and out. I think I will stick with good enough. Never had a leak with the rubber out. I amy give it a try the next time I run through a wash (will be a while because it's been raining. Have not washed it in a month or more. Why bother when raining every day.
You should try driving it around with the seal out while it's raining there. That way you'll get a good idea how it is for every day use and not just a car wash. Although a car wash will probably be the most pressure and water it will see.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Finished the Protectant 303 on all plastic and rubber.

Installed WeatherTech floor mats.

Installed new Ranger steering wheel.

2F0F4F99-0CF9-42B5-B24A-0EE30840B9B9.jpeg
Where did you get that?

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You should try driving it around with the seal out while it's raining there. That way you'll get a good idea how it is for everyday use and not just a car wash. Although a car wash will probably be the most pressure and water it will see.
I don't wash cars anymore at home except for the Vette at the time. I got rid of it because I was too OCD it wasn't fun anymore. I never have that same feeling when I own a truck. I just figure it's a truck and it's going to be truck things and it's not always going to be clean and its not going to be shiny all the time . And like always, I'll have it professionally detailed before I sell it or trade it.

in the meantime, I'll enjoy it as is.

I'm going to use the garden hose test spray the top of the tailgate with and with the flap in and out.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought an added some Chrome edging to the Tyger blades to match my Chrome kit. I think it looks great and it offers another half-inch or so of protection. Cheap to replace not a Ford Part and get it anywhere. The funny thing about these "linexed" blade runners is they kind of get lost on the side of the truck with all the black. So I installed cheap chrome trim pieces

I know for the most part people hate chrome, but hungover for my years of motorcycle riding where I Loved chrome bits and parts,

Anyway, I kind of liked the way they turned out. Really helps the chrome trim pieces on the rest of the truck. Note that there are real Chrome and not polished aluminum like the OEM stock ones which is cheap as hell when you take them apart. What a waste of money they were. And I like Chrome and I just thought it would help the running boards aesthetically

What say you??
unnamed (89).jpg

unnamed (83).jpg

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I bought an added some Chrome edging to the Tyger blades to match my Chrome kit. I think it looks great and it offers another half-inch or so of protection. Cheap to replace not a Ford Park and get it anywhere. Funny thing about these "linexed" blade runners is they kind of get lost on the side of the truck with all the black. So I installed cheap chrome trim pieces

I know for the most part people hate chrome, but hungover for my years of motorcycle riding where I Loved chrome bits and parts,

Anyway, I kind of liked the way they turned out. Really helps the chrome trim pieces on the rest of the truck

What say you??

unnamed (83).jpg

unnamed (89).jpg
I think they look really good the way it dresses up the black edge. If you were to have gone with the chrome door moulding it might have been a bit to much but with the chrome door handles it looks factory. :like:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think they look really good the way it dresses up the black edge. If you were to have gone with the chrome door moulding it might have been a bit to much but with the chrome door handles it looks factory. :like:

No I would never put Chrome molding on the side of my truck. Because that looks like I did it and not Factory. I installed the paint match molding which works for me because it's a great match. The Chrome piece is only put on with 3m and I didn't really do the alcohol because I was not sure if it was going to Be a keeper.
Sponsored

Last edited: