Wifi hot spot

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Increasingly, handsets don't have the ability to use hotspot (or data at all) and be used for voice calling at the same time. The hotspot in the truck deals with that if it's an issue for you. It's also hard on handsets to be used as hotspots for long periods of time; touch one that's been used for a while and see how hot it is.
Bold 1: I have used my iPhone as a hotpsot for my laptop and made calls at the same time no problem.

Bold 2: Last month my home Internet went down for over 5 hours due to a service problem. I used my iPhone as a hotspot for my laptop the entire time. My phone never got hot and it worked perfectly. My phone still works great. So no problems there.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Increasingly, handsets don't have the ability to use hotspot (or data at all) and be used for voice calling at the same time.
This is not true at all. In fact it is just the opposite. Phones are becoming more and more capable of multitasking.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
I can attest that ATT and T Mobile both have phones that can browse or provide hotspot as well as call at the same time no issues. I DO know that Verizon was not capable of that years ago but now they can I believe.

Your phone heats up due to the battery discharging primarily. This can be SOMEWHAT alleviated with having it plugged into external power.

D

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I've been using only cell phone hot spot for my all my internet everything for over 7 years. 200+ GIG a month when the company was paying for it on Galaxy phones, and personal on iPhone 7 & 11.
Sponsored