Why is CT missing from the fray?

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I do not think it is a Ct. thing but maybe New England is missing from the USA . I live in the smallest state and we have been missing forever , all we have is Newport . But I get it .
Sponsored

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.5 Ford Ranger XLT CPR
Occupation
Retired LEO/Retired Military/Doctoral Student
I do not think it is a Ct. thing but maybe New England is missing from the USA . I live in the smallest state and we have been missing forever , all we have is Newport . But I get it .
But you also have beaches! I used to go to Roy Carpenter's Beach, a long time ago in another life and always enjoyed RI beaches. Also I belonged to the RI Guard and standing on the ramp of a (CT-owned) CH-53 flying over the RI beaches to jump into URI sod fields was a blast!!

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
But you also have beaches! I used to go to Roy Carpenter's Beach, a long time ago in another life and always enjoyed RI beaches. Also I belonged to the RI Guard and standing on the ramp of a (CT-owned) CH-53 flying over the RI beaches to jump into URI sod fields was a blast!!
Would have been better to jump on a beach but I know of those sod fields . My kid days were at Scarborough beach and after Army days Misquamicut beach with the bars . Now it is lazy time in the pool . Spent many weekends in NW Ct. at cousins house , real rural and we looked for barn find cars and parts .

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Would have been better to jump on a beach but I know of those sod fields . My kid days were at Scarborough beach and after Army days Misquamicut beach with the bars . Now it is lazy time in the pool . Spent many weekends in NW Ct. at cousins house , real rural and we looked for barn find cars and parts .
I'm thinking of planning a Ranger Reunion(?) for a weekend in the late Spring early Summer before the "hordes" arrive at the tourist venues. Thinking about the Cape and beach 4X4-ing. Open it up to NE, but national too. What do you think?

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I'm thinking of planning a Ranger Reunion(?) for a weekend in the late Spring early Summer before the "hordes" arrive at the tourist venues. Thinking about the Cape and beach 4X4-ing. Open it up to NE, but national too. What do you think?
The hordes keep me away from Cape during summers . With covid who knows about Mass. rules this year . Many people do love the Cape anyway .

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got a bone stock Lariat FX4, who's going to rescue me when I get stuck?

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got a bone stock Lariat FX4, who's going to rescue me when I get stuck?
Well according to the Fed's websites, you have to carry "get-your-own-ass-out" gear (and they check!). So I guess it will be you (and your Ranger buddies....) Just to let you know I like Sam Summer or Porch Rocker!!! ?:clap:

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well according to the Fed's websites, you have to carry "get-your-own-ass-out" gear (and they check!). So I guess it will be you (and your Ranger buddies....) Just to let you know I like Sam Summer or Porch Rocker!!! ?:clap:
I wonder what I'd need. I have no recovery gear ATM.

OP
OP
SheepDogRain-Jar

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Let me know, I’m local and would be glad to join the mayhem ?
Rick, do you know any good places where a bunch of ranger guys could go, do some 4x4, and maybe camp out. Maybe kid-friend ly too. I was thinking Mass bc it’s midway and I know about the Cape. But if there is a better place, I’m game. Would like to put a face (as much as you can with a mask!) to some of these posts and check out our rides...

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Rick, do you know any good places where a bunch of ranger guys could go, do some 4x4, and maybe camp out. Maybe kid-friend ly too. I was thinking Mass bc it’s midway and I know about the Cape. But if there is a better place, I’m game. Would like to put a face (as much as you can with a mask!) to some of these posts and check out our rides...
Here is a link that describes local 4x4 areas. Had some local to me and never knew it! ?
https://www.where2wheel.com/about-w...sachusetts-jeep-4x4-and-ohv-trails-in-ma.html

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer