Who's interested in a foursome?

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Four door trucks just look wacky and out of proportion to me. Particularly how the rear wheels look so close to the cab. Plus, the loss of bed space is a deal breaker. A 6' bed is the minimum I will sacrifice for if I am going to spend money on a truck. I do like the extra space in back with the SCAB.

My last truck was a 1995 Ford XLT standard cab, long bed 4x4 with the 351w. I loved that truck and to this day still wish I had it. It had a 3" lift with 33's, 4.10 gears, a locking rear differential and limited slip front. It would go just about anywhere I needed it to (for a large truck) and had twin tanks to boot (needed for the 12 mpg's). I used the 8' bed all the time. I raced dirt bikes in Baja and that truck hauled me and my bikes everywhere in Mexico. Plus, the Twin-Traction Beam suspension worked great off road.

If I had that truck back I would love to put in a 5.0 Coyote motor mated to the 10 speed auto. That would be the perfect truck for me!
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Four door trucks just look wacky and out of proportion to me. Particularly how the rear wheels look so close to the cab. Plus, the loss of bed space is a deal breaker. A 6' bed is the minimum I will sacrifice for if I am going to spend money on a truck. I do like the extra space in back with the SCAB.

My last truck was a 1995 Ford XLT standard cab, long bed 4x4 with the 351w. I loved that truck and to this day still wish I had it. It had a 3" lift with 33's, 4.10 gears, a locking rear differential and limited slip front. It would go just about anywhere I needed it to (for a large truck) and had twin tanks to boot (needed for the 12 mpg's). I used the 8' bed all the time. I raced dirt bikes in Baja and that truck hauled me and my bikes everywhere in Mexico. Plus, the Twin-Traction Beam suspension worked great off road.

If I had that truck back I would love to put in a 5.0 Coyote motor mated to the 10 speed auto. That would be the perfect truck for me!
The four doors remind me of that weird Explorer Sport-Trac that Ford did a few years back and I just can't unsee it but I totally understand why people would want four doors. It's just not for me, that's why I keep the MKX.